Delta-Milwaukee tool grinder spindle taper

Greetings and thanks for reading this. Please drop me a note if you know what the spindle taper is of the Delta-Milwaukee tool grinder. Thanks, John

Reply to
John D. Farr

John,

The taper is 3" to the foot. I'm just now making a batch of four wheel adapters for mine.

If you're looking for wheel adapters, be careful - there are some common adapters with the same taper, but with a larger diameter. The delta measures about 7/8" at the large end; I think the more common ones are about 1". Also be careful about left-hand vs. right-hand thread. The earlier models (like mine) turned counter-clockwise (as viewed from by the operator) and used a left-hand thread to hold the wheel to the adapter; the later models are the opposite.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Correction:

The earlier models (like mine) turned counter-clockwise (as viewed by the operator) and used a ***right-hand*** thread to hold the wheel to the adapter. Sorry for the confusion.

Also, I should have mentioned that Sopko makes adapters for this grinder. They have a great web site that has dwawings that have some dimensions, including the taper.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Reply to