New Measurements for Stainless on eBay

I was looking at steel carabiners when I found this rather interesting set of measurements.
Description Material : Stainless steel - High grade
Dimensions: 1 4.5/8 x 7/8 inch (540mm. x 22mm.) Stock : 1.5/8 inch (4mm.) Weight: 0.02lb (0.01Kg.) Features: Heavy duty , Corrosion resistance Working load: 3KN (0.3 Tons)
One and 4.5 eighths is interesting enough, but that equals 540mm in their eyes. What a hoot!
http://tinyurl.com/nv8ytuc
--
A mind, like a home, is furnished by its owner, so if
one's life is cold and bare he can blame none but himself.

You'd think they could get at least the metric measurements right.
I have a similar one here that measures 60.5mm x 29.5mm, made from 6mm rod. It formerly held up a bird feeder.

Right. I've been looking at the 30kn stuff, though. These are little steel jobbers which would be good for holding live snares to a tree, hanging gear in the shop, combining BOB with sleeping roll, etc.

Beefy!

I picked up a figure 8 last year, but those aren't bad prices for Petzls. Climbing gear sure is gawdawful expensive.

No, you didn't, but it's not too late for Christmas. ;) I've seen lighter units for $45 on eBay, which is probably all I'd need for emergency climbing/deasssing Dodge.

Yeah, we sure didn't see it.
--
Believe nothing.
No matter where you read it,

Oh, I forgot the price for ten 9w (not 10w) LEDs: $13.75 delivered. And $4.25 for six more of the 3w LEDs, delivered. At this price, who cares if they take a month from China? (U.S. dealers have the very same Chiwan-made models for $13.99 ea.)
--
Believe nothing.
No matter where you read it,

Damnit, why'd we both miss that on the last walkthru? I would have tried some of that bronze stick on a project already. <sigh> The 8 blacksmith hammers weighed a bit, too.
--
Believe nothing.
No matter where you read it,
On 30/11/14 00:53, Larry Jaques wrote:

I think the metric world does have a problem with fractions as I understand it but as I live in the UK and was brought up in the US so I'm use to it. The other day I was looking for NPT dies and saw one listed in China as 1.5" NPT and 11TPI. 1.5" NPT is 11.5TPI whereas BSP/ISO pipe thread is 11TPI so I stayed well away.
I was amused some years back when a guy from the US was helping at a local place here in the UK and measured up for some stainless steel cladding, when it arrived most parts were 1/10th the length they should have been because he had specified the dimensions in a mix of mm and cm but hadn't puts the units on the list so all was assumed as mm, of course he was only used to inches.

The US customary system has the advantage of consistency compared to the three metric ones, MKS, CGS and SI, that differ in the (mis)placement of tiny punctuation marks whose meaning varies internationally.
-jsw