now here's an old tool to think about

I never would have known what this was for if I wasn't told - so you can copy the photo and amaze your friends

if anyone has a better name for this than what I called it, I'd be honored to know what you would call it - and if you know more about it than I posted, that would be cool too - I'm trying to help a friend make space and keep stuff out of the land fill all at once

Reply to
Bill Noble

In the oilpatch it would be called a slip. Does exactly what the seller says

Reply to
Gerry

I can't tell you anything more about it -- but I can make a suggestion about your auction: you'd probably get a higher bid price if your shipping were cheaper. I'm in Indianapolis, and eBay shows the shipping cost to my zip code as $41.55 via Priority Mail. If the thing is small enough to fit into a Priority Mail Flat Rate carton -- and it looks like it might be -- and weighs less than 70 pounds, you can ship it anywhere in the U.S. for $13.95 or less, depending on the size of the carton.

More info about Priority Mail Flat Rate here:

Doug Miller

you are of course correct, but it won't fit into a flat rate box - but $41 is ridiculous - I'll add something into the sale to attempt to fix that - stupid ebay shipping calculator .....

Reply to
Bill Noble

Are you sure it won't fit? They have more sizes of flat-rate box than they used to; largest ones now are 13-5/8 x 11-7/8 x 3-3/8 and 12-1/4 x 12-1/4 x 6.

Don't be so quick to blame the eBay shipping calculator -- rates are based on weight and distance. I'm sure it's heavy. And I'm two thousand miles away. Doubtless it would show a lower cost for someone closer.

Reply to
Doug Miller

RoyJ

the thing is 20 inches long - unless i remove the wood. So it won't fit as is in a flat rate box. I very much prefer the flat rate box when it's an option

Reply to
Bill Noble

Thanks for the info on the Flat Rate boxes. I only know about the envelopes. Just sent a jet drive nozzle to Juneau, AK. Figured it would be cost prohibitive to ship.

Reply to
Calif Bill