Obscure Electrical Question for a Drill

Further reason for skepticism is provided by a corrected calculation:

2.5KW / 38V = 66A, not 58.
Reply to
Doug Miller

60Hz is not standard anywhere in Europe, so kind of a hybrid.

No, but 380VAC IS probably standard industrial there. Euro standard

3-phase industrial is 380VAC, with (1/sqrt(3)) * 380VAC ~= 220V Wye (phase to neutral).

Or a clear photo of the nameplate on a piece of stuff wot's wired into the supply.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Hmm ... could it perhaps be 380 V instead of 38 V? For 3 HP at

38 V, I get something like 59.21 A -- excluding questions of efficiency. With 380 V, that drops to a mere 5.92 A. And this is assuming single phase -- at 380 VAC, it is more likely to be three phase.

A quick Google search for:

380 VAC 60 Hz Saudi Arabia

found a large number of hits. The hits when I change "380" to "38" are a lot less relevant.

Good luck, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols