oh god they f**ked up google groups bigtime

Is that like when they wanted to close the patent office because everything had been invented? You can't ask the same question twice on usenet?

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Very true, John. I just get a good belly laugh at people who have the standard answer, "Go to Google." I've been to Google, and sometimes it is hilarious, and sometimes daunting. You get 3,499,240 hits in .024 seconds, and MANY are about things that have absolutely NOTHING to do with what you are searching for. And I wonder, how do you get that from this?

I guess Google is a good thing. I know I use it a lot. It just isn't the cureall fixall some netnannies would like you to believe it is.

Hell, we got Google, what do we need newsgroups for?

hehe'

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Probably the first bug or human error in the history of computing. I feel fortunate we were here to experience it. Hehehehe....

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

No, it's like the little kid asking the teacher how to spell a word. "look it up Johnny". I never said you couldn't post your question. If it was answered last week, why be pissed when the author of 2 pages worth of text says "see last week's post"?

You said google search was worthless and others pointed out a valid use. Now you're off on this tangent. Good day for trolling?

Reply to
Joel Corwith

"Joel Corwith" wrote

Well, to quote Grant:

you don't follow, then may I politely and respectfully suggest that you don't do it. Many of us find IMMENSE value in such an archive. - GWE

Same applies here.

HTH

Reply to
SteveB

--Don't forget to give *them* feedback!!

Reply to
steamer

gave them some today, think it's time to dump google and go back to HotBot for a search engine, and Agent for a newsreader. This sucks big time, totally useless.

But I do love using their service, to blast their latest fuckup.

Stand by, folks. Google is only going to get worse. From useless, to totally useless, to a waste of time, to "Google???"

Reply to
lennie

Hi all,

Here's where to complain...