Oil filter wrench

Maybe if I could see the thing or get more than two fingers on it I'd try that.
jsw

Maybe if I could see the thing or get more than two fingers on it I'd try that.
jsw
Alas, a man with real world experience.
Steve
scrawled the following:

Hold your phone calls, folks, we have a winner. If I could get my hand into the intimate recesses of this beast, would I have written in with the original question? A freaking 800 pound gorilla could only get at this with his fingertips. But then, he couldn't get his hambone arms through the small space between the tie rod, the stabilizer, and the steering dampener. I'm interested. Just how much force can you exert with only your fingertips and the rest of your arm straight? If you can get exert enough torque to get a large oil filter off, you're a better man than I.
From your above post, it looks like you have never ever seen the model, year, and vehicle in question, or you would not make such ridiculous statements.
Therein lies your answer.
And yeah. Fram filters. Sorry, I use cheapo Fleet Guard that doesn't have the coarse coating. When a Fram filter blows up, those fragments sure do help you get it off with a screwdriver or channel locks. But by then, the engine is blown, and you can do it on deck and not from a creeper dolly.
You ever worked on a real truck?
Steve
Steve W. wrote:

It's cheaper to apply that texture than to make a filter that's worth putting on a good engine.
I always liked the 7/8" nut that Hastings welded to their filters - which also had a much thicker steel case, and a coil-spring relief valve.
I use Wix exclusively now, though there are a lot of other quality filters out there. Fram isn't one of them.
Been in the parts business 40 years, cut apart a lot of oil filters.