Ok am I wasting money on this?

Unless those tyres are "solarised" they have to be worth something...

Reply to
Old Nick

Well worth the $1000 IMO!

John

Reply to
John Horner

Hey neato, a self-contained road crew! Drive up to the hole, hook up the air and jackhammer it out, haul away the swarf, dump in some base mix, put the compacting head in the jackhammer and stomp it down, dump in some hot asphalt, screed it flat, and compact again.

Solves both the 'I need a small tractor' and the 'I need a big air compressor' problems with one tool.

LeRoi is known for their tow-behind compressors. Let me do some searching - hey, they have to exist. Wait, Dresser Industries owns them... No, looks like they got sold to Siebe Industries PLC, and they have the CompAir division - here's the Google cache of the news release...

http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:4IzwTx98ztgJ:

Bingo!
Okay, spare parts shouldn't be a total nightmare. ;-)

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

If it has a LeRoi engine, they have been obsolete for at least 10-15 years

Reply to
jerry wass

Jerry Wass posted:

"If it has a LeRoi engine, they have been obsolete for at least 10-15 years"

Well so has my 1990 Ford Bronco XLT, but still it keeps on ticking and provides the most cost effective means available for hauling my

6,000-lb sailboat around.

Rugged, quality built equipment is never obsolete -- even the circa

1865 Chandler & Price letter press sitting in my garage, which is still called into service every couple of years.

The question that nobody has raised is: Does the original poster have sufficient projects available to justify the need for the $1,000 machine (and likely another $1,000 in repair) which for most of us would be a 'white elephant' that would add to our existing clutter? That's the real question.

Harry C.

Reply to
hhc314

Weeelllll, once he buys the hammer, he will find all kinds of nails... at least that's true for me...

Reply to
Emmo

To my last post, let me add this thought.

A small front end loader without a backhoe attachment is of limited general utility. This is something that should be taken into any purchasing decision.

Harry C.

Reply to
hhc314

Personally, I would pay that just to have the machine to play with. I have gotten more enjoyment from a $3 compressor head than if someone gave me a new TV/VCR/DVD setup. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

Yeah, but this is a portable compressor with hammer too.. If it's got a PTO shaft you can do a lot more with it- mower, logsplitter, etc.

And you can always adapt a backhoe for it- I put one on my skidsteer and it really worked out well.

John

Reply to
JohnM

If anyone is considering a backhoe, let me suggest

. Mine is the model 821 (see customer machines, third row down, yellow one on the right) stand alone backhoe and I use it in conjunction with my Kubota B7500. After using them as separate units, I would never want a backhoe attached to a tractor again. Jim Also see:

Jim & Hils

Reply to
Waynemak