Super Nice Deckel FP-1 on Ebay

Hi all, Although I sell many machinery related item on ebay (as do many), I understand that on a board like this, that advertising is usually a waste of valueable space. For this, I only post an item here once in a rare while, and that I think is special and interesting to the group.

Please forgive this intrusion and if you are a Deckel fanatic, you might want to have a look at this mill.

Ebay item number: 2569420104

If nothing else, it should be an interesting auction.

All the best Sean S

Reply to
Sean S

Superb machine.

Excellent redhead.

Gunner

Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Reply to
Gunner

Reply to
James P Crombie

No longer on the site.

Ebay - who is in their new building now - a nice big one - took it down so it would seem.

Martin

Reply to
Eastburn

$6800 11 bids

D> No longer on the site.

Reply to
Frank

And now 7,600 with 8-1/2 days to go. ;-)

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Hey Ted,

At 8:00AM EST Nov. 1/03, it was still up, although the price is definitely "up" too. It was 4600 bucks yesterday when I looked, and now it is $7600 US. Looks like a brand-new machine though, doesn't it? Or do you think those are "sales brochure" photos?

The OP didn't put the helpful around the link, so you'd have to make sure you were biting into the whole thing.

This is what I did:

Want to start a pool on how close to the auction end time the winning bidder is on this goody? I bet a buck it will be within 2 seconds! OK, let's start one for how much $$$. I have no idea there.

Take care.

Brian Lawson, Bothwell, Ontario. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 23:48:23 -0600, Sean S wrote:

Reply to
Brian Lawson

$12,725.00, within the last 20-30 seconds.

Just a WAG.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

That's exactly what I thought- this might be the one eBay tool auction where the merchandise is as gold-plated as the seller says it is.

-Carl

Reply to
Carl Byrns

I would guess about the same...except the buyer will back out and it will either be offered to the next lower or be re-listed :)

Was at an auction Wednesday and buyer's fever seems to be running really high right now. People payin 15 bucks for chinese measuring stuff that is selling new for $ 8...$100 for beat refractometer that is new for about $ 120.....and the machines were about the same.

So, E-bay price of about 12 grand, real sell price of about 9 to 10 grand.

Koz

Carl Byrns wrote:

Reply to
Koz

One question on the FP-1 - was this one of the last SWISS made Deckels or one of the first INDONESIAN made Deckels?

Regards,

Marv

Carl Byrns wrote:

Reply to
Marv Soloff

Interesting question Marv. I have heard the "still a real Deckel" comment made by some German technicians. As far as I can tell, this relates to possibly the DMU series and later CNC machining centers as DMG did open a production shop in Shanghai in 2002. It is possible that DMG (Deckel/Maho/Gildemeister) experimented with production or part supply from other sources at some point before this. DMG's website states 10 plants in Europe and 1 plant in Asia. I don't believe this applies to any of the "FP" series, and possibly not the "CCT" machining centers (although the CCTs were being made around the time of the DMG merger so possibly they could have been affected). As far as the current DMG machines, I am quite certain that they not soley produced out of country, but sadly, I am unaware of which parts, or processes might not be out of Germany. The FP-1 listed is pre-DMG all together and is unaffected by around a decade. I believe at the time, Deckel had two plants in Germany...about 20 miles apart. One is in Munich (Muchen) and I cannot remember the name of the city of the other (although I've driven past it). In any case, this machine is likely an '81, perhaps '82. All tags read Friedrich Deckel, Muchen. Hope this helps.

Marv Soloff wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@worldnet.att.net:

Reply to
Sean S