ON/OFF/Brake lever does not wsork on the Clausing

Joe,

It's a Mitsubishi Frequol FR-A220E-2.2k-UL, rated for 3 HP on 3-phase power. I'm running it with the original Clausing 2 HP single phase motor. I don't have an external braking resistor on the VFD. The 5914 mechanical brake/clutch work just fine for me. The VFD is an older model that was superceded about 5 years ago or more and this one was bought as new surplus stock.

I also have an Hitachi VFD on a surface grinder. It's not used much but runs fine.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Henry

Gotcha.

Reply to
Ned Simmons

I've never checked. It's rather large, perhaps 3x7x3/8, and is in the airpath of the cooling fan. It probably does get a workout when I'm running a chuck at high speed. The accel/decel is set short enough that the drive will occasionally trip under those conditions.

Reply to
Ned Simmons

The drive on my lathe is the vector version of that drive -- FR-V220E. I think that series was replaced more like 10 years ago. They're nice drives, I also have 5 HP on my mill.

Reply to
Ned Simmons