On Topic Sorta - Attending Trade Shows Frugally?

Why not contact the show organisers, say you are considering exhibiting in the future, but need to get an idea if it is worth while for your business (ie generate enough customers)

Alan

Reply to
alan200

Tricky - yes.

Works for me - yes.

Changing anything - slowly and with much thought.

Only two of my competitors are saavy enough to be a threat. Neither has surfaced enough to put me out of business and we have a very good working relationship with them for projects that need it. I'm the kind of guy who will send you to my competitor if they can do the job better. It's not often, but sometimes they can and I don't want to take a job where it builds resentment with a customer.

I've often told people, "You live in XXXX. I want to visit XXXX some day, but I want to do it while on vacation, not to fix a problem with my product. If I sell it to you, I'm sure you will be happy with the price and performance."

In ten years, we've made two service calls. I'd rather be here than off in Bucksnort, USA fixing a $20 problem anyday.

Thanks for the kid words... Hopefully, our name is out there enough that people look for us specifically. Otherwise, if they are smart enough to call us and get a quote, they will see the difference pre-sale in the way we solve the problem they have, the service we provide and the quaility of the product post-delivery.

That being said, I'll settle for being the "Pepsi" or even less in my industry. Too many headaches when you are the "Coca-Cola" provider.

I'm not sure I *enjoy* it, but at the very worst, it's a necessary evil...

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022

01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
Spindle Drills:
Site:
V8013-R
Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

That would possibly work, but it's probably untrue for us. I don't think I'll ever exhibit at a show unless getting an indoor parking spot for my "stuff" is worth the price of an exhibitor's booth.

Not judging you at all because you don't know whether I'd ever exhibit or not, but I'm a stickler for being brutally honest with people and businesses and I wouldn't want to cross that line.