Opening a big compressor's tank INSPECTION HOLE

Very true. I've never found a rust-eating paint which works miracles. The best I've found is "Vactan" rust treatment.

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

That sounds like a UK brand. What is that Vactan?

Ignoramus9179

I think it is a UK brand. I don't know if they sell it in the US. It contains something which reacts with the rust and turns it blue-black, and a resin which seals the surface, making it non-porous. I'm not sure exactly what it contains, but it isn't phosphoric acid based like many rust treatments. Do a Google search for "Vactan" or visit

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy