OT - Amphibious car

Top speed is 160 km/h on land, 48 km/h on water:

R, Tom Q.

Reply to
Tom Quackenbush

Hope it's better thann the Amphicar which was worthless on land or water :o). Greg Sefton

Reply to
Bray Haven

About 30 years ago, while fishing in Saratoga Lake with my Dad, we saw a guy cruising across the lake in an Amphicar. He was trolling.

I think that's when I first understood the meaning of the term "double take".

R, Tom Q.

Reply to
Tom Quackenbush

That's as fast as they go :o). Greg Sefton

Reply to
Bray Haven

Does anyone remember the Aquastrada Delta? I read about this thing in a Popular Mechanics I found at a yard sale a while back. It was a one-off from about 8 years ago. Similar to this new one--wheels restract, planing hull. Also powered by a jet pump off a truck transmission.

GTO(John)

Reply to
GTO69RA4