OT An obituary for facts

(...)

I hereby request that New China be referred to as CINO: 'Communist In Name Only'

:)

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Like TSA searching blue haired old ladies, and small children? I think there is a parallel. Concentrate attention on the folks least likely to be terrorists.

.

You have pointed out one of the worst consequences of the McCarthy era. Crying wolf diverts resources and attention from from where it is really needed. The real spies were low-key and they were not the same folks McCarthy blacklisted or paraded in front of his investigating committee. There were true espionage prosecutions with real evidence, but that is not what McCarthy concerned himself with. His entire circus show was for political gain. I have a hard time believing anyone can justify his witch hunt after so many years. I find it disturbing there seems to be effort to re-habilitate his tactics. In the end, of course, he was censured by the Senate for among other things, making so many false accusations and accusing other senators of being communist agents if they questioned his tactics.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I don't agree, Winnie. They're still very much big-C Communist. They've just adopted some of the practices of capitalism. They still control the *disposition* of capital in every meaningful way.

And they're still a totalitarian state with central control of the economy. To use a metaphor, I see them as schoolteachers who let the kids out for recess to get some exercise, and they can play any of the approved games, but the playground still has a fence around it and they're controlling who gets in and out, and when.

Maybe they'll evolve into something like CINO. I don't see evidence of it so far.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

You aren't too bright are you.

The officieal Government Printing Office site is fake ??? Wow. Maybe propaganda. Maybe disinformation. Certainly not fake though ?

Is this (from

also fake ???

Stormin'

It appears there is increasing disposition outside of the Collective lately:

"The country?s widening income disparity is considered to be one of its most pressing social problems, with the average income of 20 percent of the richest Chinese families 17 times higher than the poorest households,"

Apparently some are becoming much less 'Classless' than others. :)

For the moment, yes. I think things are changing however. I do realize that the schoolteachers could bring out the tanks and rocket launchers at any time, to instill good citizenship among the have-nots.

I agree they consider 'management missteps' to be much more serious than we do. But note that this little indiscretion occurred between capitalists, a new group in Chinese society. (I did not make this up):

"Tycoon Yuan Baojing was executed in March in a death van, in northeast China's Liaoyang city. He had been convicted of arranging the murder of a man trying to blackmail him for attempting to assassinate a business partner."

It appears to me that man trends toward only one political system, which is a tall, pointy pyramid. It gets labeled different things around the world and most of the world's population lives under a much shorter and wider pyramid but 'pointy' is seen to be very desirable, IMHO.

--Winnie

Reply to
Winston