OT (as usual) Dogs are OK

Got maxi (aka, Maxine, the NEW DOG) snoring and farting at me feet. (working on stopping the farting bit, shes a WMD at the moment. ) Suspect its the crap my wide is feeding her.

Dogs are good, Maxis OK. 7 months old, still a lot of idiot pup in her, but shes coming along nicely. Shes a Staffie cross something - sold to us a a Staffie, but mind you it was from people who had questionable knowledge of their own childrens parentage - shes OK.

typical Staffie, always trying it on - whose REALLY in charge etc - can cope with that OK, shes a Total Klutz, but hey, shes a dog they- talk you - wooowow ooo wooow waaah wahhh how was your day etc (sorry).

Has stopped pissing on the carpet - - (f*ck, my wife was hopeless,

- issues? - you gotta be kidding) I had a gutful, taught her to stop. Simple. rubbed her nose in it , payed out on her - she knew she had stuffed up, big time. Only had to do it twice - shes not stupid.( shes a Dog Duh) . No psychological issues here - just a "dont piss or shit in the house., Basic.. Takes less time than with kids. Smart dog - recognises her own name. The old dog, Roger , is Pissed Off - but still top dog. Thats OK, as it should be.

You want a picture, just ask. I reckon shes a good looking bitch.

Andrew VK3BFA.

Reply to
Andrew VK3BFA

More Maxi. She trashed my mobile phone. Honest to God.

(wish I could write as well as Don Foreman - )

Was standing in the laundry, trying to remember WHY I was in the laundry (yeh, OK, seniors moment) when Maxi the Dog....well, slithered past on her way to the door. OK, here your a dog person or not - you know when the dog is trying to be devious, shifty. You just know, racial memory as Jung would say. And did. (gratuitous idiot irrelevant Lefty comment here ) So, you say Loudly, with meaning

WTF are you up to........ She looks back, sprung. She has my mobile phone in her mouth. She sighs, drops it, goes out the door with all the dignity she can muster. She had dropped it in her water bowl. This dog is either a total devious bastard, or a Total Klutz.

I am going with hope towards the latter theory - I mean, it was an act so breathtaking, you had to applaud it. Didn't pay out on her, it was she being a Dog. Went and got a new mobile phone - no idea how the bloody thing works, can just about dial a number so far...

Andrew VK3BFA

Reply to
Andrew VK3BFA

Try one or two teaspoons of molasses in her food once a day. Worked for us.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

The younger of our two poodles has that problem -- putting yogurt in his food helped immensely, except after a while he stopped eating it. You can get powdered pro-biotic stuff in little capsules, which really isn't that much more per dose than yogurt. Just get the stuff that's mostly probiotics, and not mostly sand or sawdust.

Before yogurt, I was thinking maybe I could get an ARPA grant to study how the army could use him for crowd control: "stand back! I have a flatulent poodle and I know how to use him!".

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Andrew, you'd bloody well BETTER hope your "wide" doesn't read that.

To create gas? Sugar plus carbs (dog meal) = instant farts (usually)

-- Small opportunities are often the beginning of great enterprises. -- Demosthenes

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I saw that too, it could start a world-wide nickname trend!

Will it work for me too? How long before I go to church do I have to consume?

Reply to
Tom Gardner

SWMBO is much, much safer, methinks.

(She Who Must Be Obeyed)

It varies, but with me, it works within a couple hours and lasts for hours. Go for it!

-- Small opportunities are often the beginning of great enterprises. -- Demosthenes

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Look for something with a substantial protien count otherwise they fart a lot and eat ( and subsequently shit ) a ton of it...

--IOW look for something with meat instead of grain fillers in the first and /or second ingredient line.

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT

I've read that training dogs is almost trivial - they _long_ to please their master (or mistress, depending.)

The problem is training the owners.

You seem to be OK in that respect - just tell your "wide" ;-) not to feed the dog leftover corned beef and cabbage, or leftover chili. ;-)

Is giving a dog a spoonful of peanut butter animal cruelty? ;-D

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

I had a can of Hormel Chili for late dinner last night (about 8 PM) and was farting REAL GOOD by 6 AM. ;-)

For church, I'd suggest a midnight snack. >:->

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

ROFL! I swear, this is the closest I've come to actually falling off my chair! (good thing I wasn't having coffee - I'd have had to send you the bill for the keyboard. ;-)

Thanks! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

If you'd like to try it but don't have any molasses, we have lots of moles.

Reply to
Don Foreman

--Doggies rock; my wife rescues Cockers and has found new homes for several dozen. Great to have a watch beast, even a small one, out in the boonies where we are... ;-)

Reply to
steamer