OT: Auction Incident

Went to a local auction Tuesday. No great machinery buys, got a nice Johnson
bar with wheels for $40, which I thought was a good deal. Mostly electrical
equipment, breakers and panelboard parts, and sheetmetal equipment. People
were still working in the building, so they kept a lot of the good stuff.
During the bidding for the most expensive item there, a 2000 Vicon CNC
plasma cutting table, one of the guys working in the plant starts yelling
"He's ripping me off!".
This guy's workbench was right next to a table that had a few small lots on
it. One of the bidders, a guy who looked to be about 80 years old, was
scarfing up change from this guy's table and stuffing it in his pocket. The
old guy told the auctioneer "You said the stuff on the table!" The
auctioneer replied "When have you ever seen me auction off change on a
table? You're an embarrassment!"
You meet an interesting mix of people at an auction.....
Reply to
ATP*