OT: Auction Incident

Went to a local auction Tuesday. No great machinery buys, got a nice Johnson bar with wheels for $40, which I thought was a good deal. Mostly electrical equipment, breakers and panelboard parts, and sheetmetal equipment. People were still working in the building, so they kept a lot of the good stuff. During the bidding for the most expensive item there, a 2000 Vicon CNC plasma cutting table, one of the guys working in the plant starts yelling "He's ripping me off!". This guy's workbench was right next to a table that had a few small lots on it. One of the bidders, a guy who looked to be about 80 years old, was scarfing up change from this guy's table and stuffing it in his pocket. The old guy told the auctioneer "You said the stuff on the table!" The auctioneer replied "When have you ever seen me auction off change on a table? You're an embarrassment!"

You meet an interesting mix of people at an auction.....

Reply to
ATP*