OT: Bike crash

It seems extremely likely that I was wrong in my original statement. Looks like even my pickup truck would not be able to keep such a bike outside, at 150 kph.

Ignoramus27731

Yeah, I was a bit suspicious of it. it is just too "clean". There would have been HUGE amounts of blood all over the place, but I can understand "sanitizing" the mess before putting this out for display. Given the supposed energies involved in this wreck, the possibility of fire seems high. The seat part of the driver's seat is just sitting there.

Yeah, that sill looks to be bent the wrong way for this accident scenario.

Yeah, I think you've got it, there. That pretty much explains the damage to the car.

massive impact, too, by the way the car's frame is folded in toward the entry side.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

having seen a z1000 hit a ford fiesta ("T bone" style as in those pics) in real life at an estimated 70 to 80 mph the fiesta looked like the last pic I linked to, the genuine one...

I've also seen a car literally split in two pieces, but that was a "cut and shut" hit by a gold wing doing 50 mph

check THIS out
mb video of a loaded 1800 cc gold wing hitting a car t bone at I believe 50 mph, a wing is heavy, so same energy as a sports 1000cc at

80 mph ish, watch the car wheels leave the ground...
Reply to
Guy Fawkes

Plasma or - weld bumpers of the car/truck in front. But that would do dirty to that person. Rats...

Martin Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH, NRA Life NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder

jim rozen wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Two days before they were to leave town for their new retirement home..a couple who were good close friends of mine, while traveling at an estimated 70 mph on their Harley dresser, split a toyota corolla in half, from the front, when the drunk driver of the corolla, at an estimated 90 mph, drifted over the center line on a gentle curve.

All three in the car were killed..the back seater taking 2 days to die (they kept him on life support to harvest his organs..the other two being mostly red smear)

They found Vickies helmeted head about 1/4 mile down the road, watching traffic going by. They had to use fingerprints to id Mack. He pretty much simply exploded.

I pass their roadside shrine 2 times a week, going and coming back from LA.

Gunner

Gunner Asch

I see. "Documented" to me means that there are documents pertaining to its creation, not that a bunch of people have expressed opinions on USENET or various web sites.

Your arguments are interesting but they are not a substitute for "in process" photos or depositions from the people who created it or an order for its creation identifying the vehicles to be used.

Reply to
J. Clarke

On 11 Dec 2005 11:42:01 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm, jim rozen quickly quoth:

Ah, plasma cutter and double-sided tape. Cut all the hinges and tape the doors, trunk, and hood back on. Gotcha.

-------------------------------------------- Proud (occasional) maker of Hungarian Paper Towels.

Comprehensive Website Design ======================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 21:34:36 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Ignoramus27731 quickly quoth:

Yeah, it'd be like a 1,000 pound torpedo at mach .25

-------------------------------------------- Proud (occasional) maker of Hungarian Paper Towels.

Comprehensive Website Design ======================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

it was documented, and discussed on usenet

like I said, it was a while ago and only of passing interest so I never bookmarked it or took copies.

Reply to
Guy Fawkes

Fair enough.

Oh, I've seen more than my share of high-speed trauma accidents, no problem there. I was just curious to see a write-up of this alleged faked vehicle, is all.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Larry

Friend of mine did that on a bicycle one time. He was coming down a steep wet hill and a lady in an old 4 door Chevy (ca 1965 - all steel) didn't see him and pulled out from a cross street. He put his bike though the left rear door completely into the back seat and he went over the top. He's a former gymnast which is probably why he came out with mostly bruises and a shattered helmet, from where his head hit the curb. It totally trashed the door of the car, but he hit so straight all he had to do to fix the bike was replace the front wheel and the fork. Didn't even break the brazing on the head stock. But he was a very cautious guy for quite a while after that. He figured he'd used up his luck.

Jim

Reply to
Jim McGill

Not really related (very low speeds), but I had a totally opposite experience. I was riding a bicycle on a sidewalk and was run over by a car. It backed quickly from behind a big bush. He was in a hurry to get to work. The driver received a ticket and his insurance company compensated me for various injuries.

The damage to the car or bicycle was minimal, but I fell and hurt myself, not too much though.

Ignoramus12137

motorcycle.

That car was rolled, there is scrub marks on the hood and roof. Scary how the drivers side A pillar sheared from the roll after the other pillar was removed.

Reply to
Pat Ford

Well documented lol yeh seems obvious anyway - like duh - there is not a clear straight to get to 250 kph in a shopping mall.

==

Reply to
Manu D

Snopes also has some interesting photos;

Dave

On 16 Dec 2005 05:18:53 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm, "Dave" quickly quoth:

Ooh, those are fun links!

-- Vidi, Vici, Veni ---

Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to