OT-Cap and Trade Bill passes 219-212

Anyone have a set of wood burning stove plans handy ?
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090626/ap_on_go_co/us_climate_bill
Best Regards
Tom.
azotic wrote:

What makes you think that you will not have to "purchase" an allowance to emit CO2 from your wood burning stove?
CarlBoyd

I only use clean burning decarburized wood.
Best Regards Tom.
azotic wrote:

Ahh, so thats it, where do you buy this decarburized wood and what does it cost? Can I decarburize my own wood at home? Do I need a permit to decarburize my own wood.
CarlBoyd

It is called charcoal, I believe.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Actually charcoal has a higher percentage of carbon that the original wood, and is made by heating the wood and driving off (mostly) hydrocarbon and water. I make charcoal pretty regular both for the barbecue and the blacksmith forge.
My questions were facetious.
CarlBoyd
CarlBoyd

Gads I hate it when Mt Dew shoots suddenly out my nose.........

If the regulators and tax collectors can see a penny to be made, they will take it. Wood burning fireplaces and by extension stoves/furnaces are already prohibited or regulated/taxed in many areas.
These are the same people that now tell you how much water you can use to flush your toilet, and what the maximum flow rate on your shower can be.

http://www.alt-config.net/woodstove.jpg
:)
--
William

On Sat, 27 Jun 2009 03:06:04 -0700, the infamous "azotic"
What do the Ecoterrorists get when they pass bills like this? They get every person using old technology which will -guarantee- a 25x increase in carbon emissions PLUS a major reduction of carbon storage facilities (forests, which will all be cut down to provide heat.) Absolutely Brilliant, wot?

Maybe this bill will finally catalyze the next revolution. Obnoxious, egomaniacal, hypocritical Ecoterrorists like Algore should be castrated and meet Mr. Guillotine. Y'think he had the billions of dollars of booty in mind before he made that movie? I'd give odds.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124588837560750781.html#mod=djemEditorialPage has some much scarier figures for price increases listed.
Well, if it indeed passes and there is no bloody revolution over it, I'd have to go with one of these instead of a woodburner. http://www.google.com/search?q=how+make+solar+oven I hate smoke.
-- Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass; it's about learning how to dance in the rain. --Anon
scrawled the following:

Especially burning bodies. You need something to desiccate all of those ecoterrorists without polluting the atmosphere, after you've cut their heads off.
What shall we do with the denier-terrorists who want to giullotine former vice-presidents? They're very high in carbon content, y'know. d8-)
-- Ed Huntress
On Sat, 27 Jun 2009 15:19:43 -0400, the infamous "Ed Huntress"

Dey's worm food, mon; sequester the carbon via burial. Luckily, there aren't a whole lot of ecoterrorists, and fewer ex-veep terrorists.

Think they'd convict me? If so, Soylent Green.
-- Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass; it's about learning how to dance in the rain. --Anon

You would need to buy CO2 rights to operate that stove...

I have a forrest (carbon capture), you may need to buy CO2 rights from me to breathe ;)
Just send me the involute cutters ;)
Wes
Wes wrote:

Tucker? Gump?
--Winston

Damn, shld hv rn th speel chker.
Wes wrote:

Never happens to me because I pey careful attension.
:)
--Winston

Well, now I know what it was like at the turn of the 20th century when automobiles first came out. After hearing all the right wing naysayers today blabbing about how terrible it's going to be when we are forced to live without fossil fuels as our main source of power, I know how the guys who bought the first cars felt. I can just hear all the guys on horseback telling them what idiots they were for getting off a horse and into a car. Now we're hearing the same thing except it's, we're so stupid don't we know the new ways will never work? Don't fix what ain't broke. Stick with what has worked in the past. I guess some things never change. Progressive people are constantly looking to improve, invent new things, and to give up old technologies that don't work anymore and conservatives fight them all the way trying to keep things from changing. And the results are always the same too! We move ahead and find new ways and we force the conservatives to go along with the changes but they fight against it constantly and grumble all the way as things improve over the old ways. It's sure a good thing we don't have conservatives in charge anymore. Otherwise it would be another eight years exactly like the last eight.
Hawke
Until Washington gets serious about cleaner energy, nothing will change. This cap & trade is just another smoke screen.
As soon as a viable clean energy source comes along, the price of oil will drop, the new energy whether on the vine, price of oil goes back up.
When Washington gets serious, they will set a floor for the price of oil, 40, 50, 60, bucks a barrel. The price is up to debate. But whatever the floor price is, if oil is less than that, a fee is added to bring it up to the floor price, if over that price, the fee goes away. Do this for about 20 years.
So, if a company, any company can produce energy for less than the 40 or 50 or 60 dollars a barrel, he has a business.
The only thing Washington is serious about is the next election. Nothing else matters, the rest is just show.
But in defense of Washington, we DO have the best guvment money can buy!
On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 07:56:58 +0300, "Rick Samuel"

Sounds reasonible. Of course the price of natural gas should be raised also. After all it is a fossel fuel too. Heck, add coal, another fossel fuel.
Of course that is going to raise the cost of electricity generation, plastics, food (most fertilizer is made form fossel fuel) and indirectly nearly everything that is made, manufactgured or created in the United States.
With the higher cost of living salaries will of course need to be higher which when added to the higher cost of energy will mean that any residual manufacturing that now exists will move off shore.
Which leaves who to pay the bills?