OT-Cap and Trade Bill passes 219-212

On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 07:56:58 +0300, the infamous "Rick Samuel" scrawled the following:

Perhaps the price gouging we're feeling now are the effects from the dozen new nuke power plants which are in the pipeline for 2010. The global oil barons get their money now, before the extra power cuts prices.

Oops, checking the NRC site again, it looks like the Obama administration may have nuked some of the new nukes. There are only 4 licensings in line (but unsubmitted) for 2009-10. 8 were approved in '07 and 18 in '08, so they may have moved some of those up in the expectation of an Obama skyfall. Man, why don't these idiots get serious? (I grok your statement below. )

Why? To keep the price of our domestic oil profitable?

Sad, isn't it?

Well, agreed, they're bought, but are they really the best?

A friend from D.C. sent this to me this morning.

Sunday, June 28th, 2009

-- Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass; it's about learning how to dance in the rain. --Anon

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 09:46:11 -0500, the infamous "Karl Townsend" scrawled the following:

Ayup. But which? Mandarin or Cantonese, or one of their 8000 lesser dialects?

-- Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass; it's about learning how to dance in the rain. --Anon

Reply to
Larry Jaques

So the gov't profits either way? Now, let's examine energy from wind. Has anyone done a study as to the effects on wind when co2 emissions are reduced?

Reply to
Becky

Gads I hate it when Mt Dew shoots suddenly out my nose.........

Gunner Asch

Are you sure the Chinese will have anything to do with what's left?

Reply to
Buerste

Karl, you do realize that China is an up and coming economic power while the United States is a has been power that has been backsliding for years?

Take a look at the trade deficit...the blame lies with the United States for not rising to the global challenge.

TMT

The US has been hamstrung with unrealistic union issues, social misdirection and anti-wealth creation.

Reply to
Buerste

How about a carbon tax on death? All those rotting dead people are causing pollution. And they are future fossil fuel. Tax it.

Reply to
Becky

If the regulators and tax collectors can see a penny to be made, they will take it. Wood burning fireplaces and by extension stoves/furnaces are already prohibited or regulated/taxed in many areas.

These are the same people that now tell you how much water you can use to flush your toilet, and what the maximum flow rate on your shower can be.

Unka' George [George McDuffee]

F. George McDuffee

It has to be Mandarin - the language of the rulers, the Mandarins.

I've been hearing the talk about the end of the american empire for years. I don't doubt that it will happen; all things come to an end. But the history of recent empires is that they take centuries to peak, and (unless conquered) centuries to decline. So we will not live to see the fall.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joseph Gwinn

One of these days the Demo's will have the bill on paper. It is an invalid and illegal bill if voted on without handing out and reading the bill.

Mart> Until Washington gets serious about cleaner energy, nothing will change.

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Karl, you do realize that China is an up and coming economic power

In '79 I worked for Tx Instruments, we had 4 Monarch CNC vertical mills. But they couldn?t do some of the newer parts coming out of design.

So a group of machine tool makers were invited to come see out operation and figure out just what TI needed.

One manufacturer shower up, and they weren?t interested.

Reply to
Rick Samuel