OT Car won't start

Excellent question. More than excellent question.

A strong suggestion.

"Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimum food or water,in austere conditions, day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon. He doesn't worry about what workout to do--- his rucksack weighs what it weighs, and he runs until the enemy stops chasing him. The True Believer doesn't care 'how hard it is'; he knows he either wins or he dies. He doesn't go home at 1700; he is home. He knows only the 'Cause.' Now, who wants to quit?"

NCOIC of the Special Forces Assessment and Selection Course in a welcome speech to new SF candidates

Reply to
Gunner Asch

On Wed, 02 Sep 2009 20:14:36 -0700, the infamous Winston scrawled the following:

Oh, they are! It's just that the bargain basement chips in veHickles don't know what to do with mechanical breakages. With no cam/crank revs, there are no timing blips and no data, ah reckon.

-- Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. --Daniel Webster

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Ivan, Some engines are trashed when the belt breaks. Some are OK.

What year, model, and engine size is the car? We can reply with whether or not the engine likely incurred damage when the belt broke.

Cross fingers. Knock on wood. Say a prayer.

Reply to
Moi

Don't know of a single car that will not start with a bad, or even NO Oxygen sensor.

Reply to
clare

Let the Record show that Gunner Asch on or about Wed, 02 Sep 2009 16:16:30 -0700 did write/type or cause to appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

So, advice for when the flipping truck thinks the doors are open? And leaves the overhead lights on. Most of the time it is merely annoying, but after dark it is infuriating. I suspect that it is somehow thermal related, cause it only does it when sun has out and the truck parked so the door (driver's side) is getting the sun. (I have no idea where the 'button' is, so that I can push the switch and fake out that the door is closed.

Hmmm, the ashtray's dirty too.

pyotr

pyotr filipivich

(...)

Is there a dashboard indicator for 'door open'? If it does not light during the event, perhaps a a shorting switch in the dome light is the real culprit.

Can't help you there.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

My Ranger has multple timers on the fugging overhead light..and there is No way to turn that sumbitch off unless you leave the doors open for at least 15 minutes or close them. So I pulled the cover and jank out the bulbs (3 of em) if I want the door open and no lights.

What truck model?

I wash mine twice a year. Once a year if we get rain.

"Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimum food or water,in austere conditions, day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon. He doesn't worry about what workout to do--- his rucksack weighs what it weighs, and he runs until the enemy stops chasing him. The True Believer doesn't care 'how hard it is'; he knows he either wins or he dies. He doesn't go home at 1700; he is home. He knows only the 'Cause.' Now, who wants to quit?"

NCOIC of the Special Forces Assessment and Selection Course in a welcome speech to new SF candidates

Reply to
Gunner Asch

The 96 3.5 was not an interference engine.

OP should make sure to replace the water pump and the idler pulley for the timing belt. Use OEM parts.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

On Thu, 03 Sep 2009 00:09:28 -0400, the infamous snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca scrawled the following:

I never had one but I heard about a couple, eons ago.

-- Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. --Daniel Webster

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Are you SURE the used parts were good?

Anyway. I would get a GOOD manual for that vehicle. Chiltons does NOT fit in that description. You also should be using a scope to see what the signals coming into the ECM actually are. I would suspect that you have a short on the signal from the CPS.

Reply to
Steve W.

The Dashboard light comes on when the door opens, and stays on, sometimes, when the door closes. Which makes me think that it might be the sensor itself.

Well, darn.

pyotr

pyotr filipivich

For what? Howcome there's no indication AT ALL of what services come with that? They want me to commit my money sight unseen, not even knowing what services I receive?

Sounds suspiciously like Obamacare to me.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Let the Record show that Gunner Asch on or about Thu, 03 Sep 2009 01:35:31 -0700 did write/type or cause to appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

That doesn't bother me. It is when the doors are closed, and I'm driving down the road, with the "door ajar" light lit up on the dash, and all three dome lights brightening my night!

Mazda B2500, 1998? Yeah, house is '96, truck is '98.

I wash mine ... hmmm, when was the last time I washed a truck?

2001 - right before I sold it.

tschus pyotr

pyotr filipivich

(...)

I agree. Sounds like an intermittent pin switch.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

What kind of truck? I have to change the door switch in my 94 Silverado every three to 5 years. I've had it almost 10 years, and have changed 3. They are only about $10 and available everywhere, but it's a problem I have never had in the past with other vehicles.

Reply to
Tim

SOME vehicles will report a cam sensor error if the crank sensor shows rotation and the cam sensor does not.

Reply to
clare

Many have the switch in the latch.

Reply to
clare

A lot easier to just pull the fuse - or cut the wire and install a switch..

wants to quit?"

to new SF candidates

Reply to
clare

So, is Mr Morality suggesting criminal insurance fraud?

Reply to
rangerssuck

But not the 96 Dodge Intrepid. That is one for the data bank!

--Winston

Reply to
Winston