OT Craigslist flame war

The Minneapolis craigslist tools section had an interesting flame war yesterday. No pieces left to view though

Seems one fellow has been posting a mismatched 'set' of 3 crows foot wrenches for $68 every few days for months. A second fellow took exception to the high price, started posting a 'please flag the crows foot guy' ad. That led to the crows foot guy getting flagged off every now and then. Of course he started putting more ads in to compensate, which got flagged more often.

About 9:00 AM on Friday, the crows foot poster got mad, posted abusive ads for the wrenches, which got flagged. At 10 AM he started posting bogus ads, worked his way up to perhaps 20 ads with good titles, all with abusive content as the text inside. And he also promised to keep it up for as long as anyone flagged him.

Someone must have sent the whole thing to the craigslist net nanny. At noon, everything on both sides of the flame were GONE. And no more crows foot ads. Well, maybe one, someone else had a legitimate set for a reasonable price, had to say "It wasn't me, don't flag me".

Reply to
RoyJ

I'm starting to think spamming should be a capital offense in Texas. ;)

Wes

Reply to
Wes

With all due respect, Wes, I think you have it wrong. Specifically, your sentence is too long by exactly two words.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

two words and a smiley.

Reply to
Doug Miller

I figured we needed to start in one state and let the laboratory of democracy model of government do it's work.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 03:06:50 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, Wes quickly quoth:

Would't that give the speaking weasels too much time to do their work of the Devil?

-- Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit. --e e cummings

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Perhaps in parallel we should try a different approach here on the left coast - spammers will be required to spend one hour for each spam message sent with a current celebrity or politician teaching them to say meaningful things......

Reply to
William Noble

Yeah, like a spammer has ANY concept of the meaning of "Meaningful"

[But I can imagine a sweat shop with Paris, Jessica and Brittany spamming the universe, typing out each message one at a time.] jk
Reply to
jk

To hell with that! Give them a sharp stick, and a one way plane ticket to Iraq to atart their new jobs as "Landmine Locators'.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell