OT - delivering equipment into US from Canada

This weekend, I am driving into the USA to visit some friends. I am also taking a few hand tools and a small lathe to see if a friend wants to buy them. I have never crossed the border with anything to be sold, so I'm not sure what customs will ask, or what papers I should have with me.

Any advise from someone who has been there, done that would be appreciated!

Ryan

Reply to
Ryan

Ryan,

Just tell them your car is so unreliable you have to carry a machine shop with you to repair or fabricate replacement parts...

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

Speaking of...