OT driver trouble

My new 'puter is 64 bit W7.
I just learned the camsoft.dll for VB6 is only good for 32 bit OS. Their tech. support tells me the OS can switch to 32 bit. I'm not
seeing how. This HP 'puter came with OS installed and no media.
It looks to me like I'd need to reinstall and select 32 bit. Correct? Should I look to getting another hard drive and setting up multiboot. If i can borrow or steal a CD can I install with my COA product number.
Other suggestions welcome.
Karl
On Thu, 23 Jun 2011 10:29:42 -0500, Karl Townsend

Not running Win 7 so I'm just guessing. is there a 32 bit compatibility mode? If not check this out it might work. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx
Karl Townsend presented the following explanation :

If you have W7 Professional or higher, there is an XP mode you can use. If XP mode isn't already on the computer it can be downloaded from Microsoft. You'd have to install your program in the XP mode. You can launch it from W7. I do believe it will run slower though. I had one program I needed to run in the XP mode. Also MS changed the formatting in Wordpad between XP & W7. I had some docs I had to keep the same between computers, so the Wordpad got used also.
Otherwise VMWare and Sun Microsystems have emulators as well. After starting the emulator, you'd install XP, then your program. I haven't played with any of these, but I did see a video of them installing from 3.1 to W7 on VMware to see how much of your settings are retained.
Wayne D.