OT DTV channel lookup

If you still happen to be struggling with the DTV change...

You can do some simple station lookup here:

It may help you figure out what the station calls itself and what RF frequency they are suppose to be on.

Lots of fun yesterday around here when some stations had their temporary DTV and new permanent DTV channels broadcasting at the same time.

On our converter box (Digital Stream) in the Menu->Channel Edit area you can see both the station ID and RF channel info.

Huge boondoggle in my opinion, but they didn't ask me about it. Too busy counting up all the money bid for the vacated frequencies...

Reply to
Leon Fisk

Around here many of them are reverting to their original upper VHF frequency. It looks like all that was freed up was VHF-lo and UHF above 700 MHz.

My car door opener transmits at ~350MHz, on the nominally military band from 225 to 400MHz.

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Hmm. We've got a mix of options here (Seattle, WA) some stations are going back to their VHF-LO spots (KOMO 4) and others are hanging on to their new UHF locations. KING 5 is staying on RF channel 48.

It appears that, other than the upper-most UHF frequencies (70 and up), nothing has been saved.

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Lotsa luck figuring out the FCC form. You have to enter so much information to get it to work - that you don't need it.

You can do some simple station lookup here:

It may help you figure out what the station calls itself and what RF frequency they are suppose to be on.

Lots of fun yesterday around here when some stations had their temporary DTV and new permanent DTV channels broadcasting at the same time.

On our converter box (Digital Stream) in the Menu->Channel Edit area you can see both the station ID and RF channel info.

Huge boondoggle in my opinion, but they didn't ask me about it. Too busy counting up all the money bid for the vacated frequencies...

Reply to
Robert Swinney

get it to work -

You don't have to fill in everything, just one item and hit return. The more blanks you fill in, the more precise the answer though...

From what I can figure out after checking my local stations though is that the listings give the old temporary DTV channel. Take that back, someone must have noticed the error. It looks like they have the new permanent DTV frequencies listed today. On both Saturday and Sunday they were still showing the old temp channels.

Reply to
Leon Fisk