OT: Favorite practical joke

Chuckle..Hunters are slick looking, affordable and fast enough to be Portsmouth capable. The SUV of the sailboat world. The average Hunter skipper doesnt know dick about trim, sail shape, etc etc..but thinks because he can manage to tack without coming into irons once in a while, he is a hip slick and cool sailerman.

I let one try to sail my Thistle, simply across the lake and back while I acted as rail weight. Poor bastard didnt have a clue how to make it go, let alone go fast. I sorta kind gave him some suggestions which he mostly disregarded as "unnecessary" but I managed to get her up on plane simply working the jib, and he almost shit himself..was busy letting out the down haul etc etc as "we were almost out of control"....chuckle

Hobi guys aint much better either...sigh.

Anyone want to buy an Esenada 21 cheap? Mine is simply collecting dust along with the Hobie 16 and the sailboards.

Gunner

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, nonaddictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or the secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious or secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all.

May you have a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2005, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make the world great, and without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith, political belief, choice of computer platform, or sexual preference of the wishee.

By accepting this greeting you are accepting these terms. This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for herself or himself or others, is void where prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is under warranty to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year, or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and the warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.

Reply to
Gunner

At an overhead crane manufacturer shop where I once worked, we had a guy who liked to yell out small corrections in lineshaft alignment by referencing various colored hairs from a certain part of the female anatomy.

He was especially prone to doing it whenever one of the Engineering Dept. secretaries was passing through the shop, bringing change prints, etc. out to the floor.

Seems some of the women were mildly offended by his terminology and decided to take action.

Asking some of us shop floor denizens and the engineers in the office what could be done about it yielded the following:

At the company Christmas party, they presented him with a vernier caliper box which contained three small plastic bags in which were color-coded "standards" for his future use. Included instructions notified him he could now just place a standard beside whatever he wanted moved. Then, instead of yelling out his instructions, he could just tell the assemblers to move it "that much."

Reply to
Johan

Did it have the desired result?

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

I think the dry ice in the toilet idea would be great if you could somehow plant the suggestion that the janitor was an idiot and always mixing his own cleaning solutions.

Dry ice is fun stuff. I remember one time slipping a small chip into my empty coffee cup and when the waitress refilled the cup she had quite a surprise.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

They sell dry ice in Florida now. When we were vacationing there, I was buying slabs of dry ice for like $1.50 per lb, and having all kinds of fun with it. My son was also fascinated.

Ignoramus24153

I had an interesting conversation with a guy who had worked on oil rigs in Texas. Their supervisor had a banana with his lunch, and the supervisor always passed it under his nose before eating it. They all asked why he did that, and he replied "to make sure it hadn't been 'used'".

One morning the crew got to his lunch and added a few drops of "tuna oil" to the banana, and put it back with (no cooler) the lunch.

Reply to
.

LOL....that reminds me of a stunt pulled on my ex-brother-in-law at his

21st birthday party. He was in University at the time and shared a house with others but for some reason became very 'anal' about finding pubic hairs stuck to the toilet. Apparently he used to go into 'hissy fits' demanding to know who was responsible for the offending items.

His fellow house mates and all the females that would visit decided it was pay-back time and the ideal opportunity would be a rather lavish birthday party laid on by his well off parents. After the dinner and in full view of his parents (his mother was a 'snob' and considered herself 'above' everyone else) they presented him with a beautiful leather bound notebook. Inside were taped down, single pubic hairs, one to a page, with a photograph of the 'owner' along side so that he could identify the 'culprits' the next time he found one 'lurking' under the seat!

Everyone was rolling around on the floor with laughter and thankfully he could see the funny side and took it in good spirits but his mother was red in the face and ready to blow steam out of her ears. She was totally disgusted that people would even think of doing something like that never mind present to someone as a birthday gift.....lol.

Reply to
Larry Green

HERE IS THE PRACTICAL JOKE -

1=B7 Go to the Website '
'

2=B7 Look up Iridium flares. (you must put in your location) Note- * An Iridium Flare is just SUNLIGHT reflecting off of one of three large (6'X 8' I believe) mirror like- polished Aluminum Antenna on any one (1) of a constelation about 60 communications Satelites called the Iridium system. Usually 1 or 2 a night anywhere in the world. Pick a bright one of Magnitude -6 or better.

3=B7 Find an open air night-club ( here in Dayton ohio its the patio-roof of the bar called the Oregon Express)

4=B7 Sit around and act like the cocktails your drinking is freeing up your talk to include the highly Classified information that a Asteroid is heading towards earth .. You know because your a Fphiysaicysst and work for the DOoh oh oh D! And THE COMPANY (CIA) is sending a NUKE to intercept it!.. If the Nuke does not go off, well then we are doomed to extinction in the next couple of months!

5=B7 As people pishhaaaawww you .. and At the aproprate time ( using a calibrated watch- Heavens-above gives the time right down to the second and the exact heading and Altitude in the sky) Point to the spot in the sky and count down 8...7...6...5...4...3....2...1... POOF! there appears a flash of light about as bright as the brightess star (brighter than venus on a great night) you've ever seen! People will grab thier cell phones and call there friends and say "You'll never believe this!" .. I also get drinks sent over alot too! .. Then when I'm ready to leave- I point to anyone in the Bar and I say .. "OH Crap! i've talked WAYYY TOO MUCH!.. That guy over there works for the 'company.. you know .. 'the C-O-M-P-A-N-Y ! I could be 'dissapeared' by tommorow!' and ask for a derversion like a girl to hit on him while I ' Slip Out' .. and leave that way ! =20

LOL Works SOO WELLL !!! ...

Reply to
wingsnaprop

I did a similar thing to my Mother in Law with a fake big screen TV at a furniture store. I tipped it off the shelf onto her, it weighed all of a

1/4 of a pound.
Reply to
Jeepers

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show "Lane" wrote back on Thu, 23 Dec 2004 18:38:28

-0800 in rec.crafts.metalworking :

Did that to the boss, nailed his briefcase to the bench. He was unhappy about it, but "boys will be boys". Of course, a couple days later was Christmass, and we presented him with a bran new one. It must have worked out well, the foreman who did the nailing eventually married his daughter.

tschus pyotr

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

I've heard of people replacing the water in line workers "spritz bottles' (the ones used to spay the worker down when it was hot.) with soda, 7up or the like. End of the day they are just all over sticky.

pyotr

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

wrote

DON'T READ THIS IF YOU HAVE A WEAK STOMACH.

I worked in the Gulf of Mexico from 1974 to 1980. A cook on one of the rigs was really troubled. He would take a large roast, stab it with a very large long knife, making a long hole.

He would then, well, he would become romantically entangled with the roast, if you get my drift. All was idyllic for about a year in the romance department, until the roast's owner came home early one day.

The blushing cook was taken to the tool pusher's office. Word traveled fast among the crew, and the cook had to be protected by the company man and the tool pusher until the chopper got there and flew him out. He had been cooking for those men for over a year.

True story.

Steve, ex diver, crane operator and welder and a member of the International Society of Oilfield Trash

Reply to
SteveB

I used to bowl with the R+D department of Timet, the titanium plant in Henderson, NV. The team had engineers and secretaries, and spouses and friends were always about.

One turn, one of the engineers cried out that he had missed it by "an RCH." The other engineers and those who understood the term howled. The women looked at each other perplexed, and started asking. No one wanted to explain. I jumped in, saying, "Oh, that is an engineering term that would take a long time to explain."

The women were satisfied, and the men all let out a sigh of relief.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

I could understand the concern about the friends, but most spouses and secretaries to engineers that I've known would take such a thing in stride.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Reply to
bamboo

One guy that worked for me waxed the seams in a secretary's desk drawer (after some disagreement), filled the drawer with water and stocked it with goldfish.

Dry ice and a loud handclap (like an electrical arc) make a good combination to deflate a self-aggrandizing asshole showing off some equipment that he'd like the world to think he invented.... (Gee, did this one come from a past life?) /mark

Jeff Wisnia wrote:

Reply to
Mark

I think my wife would take offense to that (:

Some women actually prefer the company of an engineer.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

My mother called this gag, with a few variations, a "tick-tack". Instead of attaching the string to a screen it was fastened to the mullion of a window with a thumbtack. Rosin was applied to the string and then rubbed with a piece of cloth while manipulating the tension to create various eerie noises. We did this a few times on Halloween to great effect.

This oral history

describes a tick-tack gone bad.

Ned Simmons

Reply to
Ned Simmons

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 21:15:35 GMT, pyotr filipivich calmly ranted:

The best time for spaying is BEFORE they're hot, knowwhatImean,Vern?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - If God approved of nudity, we all would have been born naked. ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----

Your Wild & Woody Website Wonk

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 17:44:05 -0800, Mark calmly ranted:

That's the best one I've heard yet!

'Splain that one, please.