OT: Favorite practical joke

To me there is nothing more enjoyable than a GOOD practical joke. A good one involves no one getting hurt and everybody gets a laugh.
My very good friend Tom and I grew up together and stayed in touch at least monthly. He shows up at the shop every once in a while with two things in his hand that used to be one thing. I drop whatever I'm doing and wave the wand. He, in turn, has done mucho favors for me.
A few years ago, Tom bought a new S-10 pick-up that he waited for months. God, he LOVED that truck from the get-go. So, I would stop at his apartment complex every night and add 2 gallons of gas to his tank. Now he REALLY, REALLY loves that truck, after all, he's getting 50 miles to the gallon and he's telling everybody. I did this for a month then stopped. He's heartbroken and takes it back to the dealer that he bought it from and where he used to be a salesman. He complains the his mileage is now down to 22 mpg from 50. The service rep looks at him like he's from another planet. I never told him 'cuz I hope I can get him again.
Any other good ideas?

$120.00 for a practical joke ........priceless! That is funny and I want you to try it on me next. Steve
A friend was going on vacation and mentioned that his cats would be at a boarding kennel. The thought that they would be lonely kittys crossed my mind and that blossomed into The Lonely Cat Society.
I wrote to friends across the USA and as far away as South Africa. In each letter was a return letter and enelope for sending back the letter of inquiry for more information about the Lonely Cat Society.
About thirty of these things went out and started coming back to him when he got back from vacation. After about ten had arrived in his post box he figured out who the culprit was and begged me to stop the madness.
Of course at that point I had no control over it and the letters continued to arrive at irregular intervals for several more months.
A whole lot of fun for not to much $$$.
Errol Groff

Used to work for a guy who had a stack of clay pigeons sitting on the corner of his desk. I was chatting with him one day, reached over and grabbed one of the yellow and black clays to figgit with, after a few minutes I tapped on it... WTF? "Is this aluminum?" He says yeah," Mike in sales used to brag about how good he was with a shotgun, took him out after I made these and he shot 20 out of 25, shut him up for awhile"
Forger wrote:

Maybe I didn't get enough sleep, but I missed that one. I'd expect he should have responded, "...and he couldn't bust one in 25 pulls, shut him up..."
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 11:19:41 -0500, Jeff Wisnia

I guess that wouldnt make sense if you never shot trap or skeet. In the box of clays, 5 were aluminum and wouldnt shatter. If your bragging you can hit 25 out of 25, missing 5 is having a pretty bad day. He didnt miss them, they had little dings, no holes though and they certainly didnt come apart, so when he shot at one that was aluminum, I imagine it tumbled a few times, but kept sailing and counts as a miss. Maybe you had to be there, or know Mike :).
Forger wrote:

Got it now! Thanks. Just like every trade has its trucks, every sport has its lingo.
Happy Holidays,
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
And every joke its teller.

Some of my friends tried that stunt when a National Champ was visiting,. only they also loaded his gun with slugs figuring there was no way he could hit a skeet with slugs. Hit them he did, drilling 12 ga holes in them.
--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/

Removing the shot, and refilling the shell with paper punch dots, sparkle glitter or other interesting substances, and then slipping a couple of them into a trapshooters pouch is an interesting amusement.
Pull!! FOOOOP! (raining glitter or punch dots)
Tends to give a fellow a flinch, expecting the next round to be a blooper.
Gunner
Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, nonaddictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or the secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious or secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all.
May you have a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2005, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make the world great, and without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith, political belief, choice of computer platform, or sexual preference of the wishee.
By accepting this greeting you are accepting these terms. This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for herself or himself or others, is void where prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is under warranty to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year, or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and the warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.

Gee, I wonder if you can get a rolled-up flag on a stick that says "BANG!" into a shell...
;-)
I'd suggest that you could slip a 12-gauge boat flare in there, make the guy think he's firing tracer rounds... But in brushy areas the local Fire Department would have a heart attack at the thought.
--<< Bruce >>--
Electrician for Westend Electric - CA726700
On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 06:08:28 GMT, Bruce L. Bergman

Boat flare? Nah...so tame. A couple rounds of Dragons Breath is far more interesting.....<EG>
[...]
calmly ranted:

I just looked up "dragon's breath" and they look like fun. Wouldn't those exothermic pyrophoric muthas melt or otherwise damage your shotgun barrel?

Here is Rev. A to the aforequoted document, sir:
What follows is what, perhaps, happens when lawyers write greeting cards...
From me, ("the wishor") To you ("hereinafter called the wishee") and those you care about ("hereinafter called the washees")
Please accept without obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, politically correct, low stress, non- addictive, gender neutral, celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all; and a financially successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2005, but with due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures or sects, and having regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith, choice of computer platform or dietary preference of the wishee. By accepting this greeting you are bound by these terms that
* This greeting is subject to further clarification or withdrawal. * This greeting is freely transferable provided that no alteration shall be made to the original greeting and that the proprietary rights of the wishor are acknowledged. * This greeting implies no promise by the wishor to actually implement any of the wishes. * This greeting may not be enforceable in certain jurisdictions and/or the restrictions herein may not be binding upon certain wishees in certain jurisdictions and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wishor. * This greeting is warranted to perform as reasonably may be expected within the usual application of good tidings, for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first. * The wishor warrants this greeting only for the limited replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wishor. * Any references in this greeting to "the Lord", "Father Christmas", "Our Savior", or any other festive figures, whether actual or fictitious, dead or alive, shall not imply any endorsement by or from them in respect of this greeting, and all proprietary rights in any referenced third party names and images are hereby acknowledged. * This greeting may have been offered at a lower price by the wishor within the last 30 days. This greeting does not affect your statutory rights.
---------------------------------------------------------------------- * Scattered Showers My Ass! * Insightful Advertising Copy * --Noah * http://www.diversify.com ----------------------------------------------------------------------

I've tried "dragon's breath" and am unimpressed, especially considering the price. Might look good under IDEAL conditions. YMMV
--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/
One I've done:
At a summer camp, get a spool of black sewing thread, some very small black fishhooks (#20-22 midge hooks work very well), and some beeswax (or a can of neutral Kiwi shoe polish). Tie one of the fishhooks to the end of the thread. Late at night, sneak up to one of the cabins and hook the center of the screen over one of the windows. Walk a couple of hundred feet into the woods, pull the thread tight, and rub the thread with the wax near where you're holding it. Wet your hands in the dew on the grass, and rub the thread where it's waxed. The squeak will be transmitted down to the cabin, making the screen sing and squeal, surprisingly loudly. The kids in the cabin will not be able to figure out what's going on, even if they are looking right at the screen, and will began to get very agitated. Even if they go outside and look, they won't be able to see the thread, or anyone there. Works particularly well if someone's told some ghost stories earlier in the evening.
-- Bob (Chief Pilot, White Knuckle Airways)
says...

My mother called this gag, with a few variations, a "tick-tack". Instead of attaching the string to a screen it was fastened to the mullion of a window with a thumbtack. Rosin was applied to the string and then rubbed with a piece of cloth while manipulating the tension to create various eerie noises. We did this a few times on Halloween to great effect.
This oral history
http://www.rootsweb.com/~arwhite/carlbio.html
describes a tick-tack gone bad.
Ned Simmons
We were making an experimental polymer via reactive extrusion once, a crystalline polyamide. Since the precursor went through a solid phase, we left the die off the extruder. At 300 deg C, the stuff had a slick, wet look to it when it cooled, and was opaque brown-green in color due to the oxidation. It looked just like cat shit.
We had a lot of fun with that stuff, put a piece in secretary's chair, she said she nearly barfed.
The best one was pulled by the tech that worked with me. He took one of the better specimens home one night, and placed it in the middle of their white shag rug. His wife wasn't home yet. After a while, he had to go pick up his daughter at the high school. When he got home, the "turd" was gone, and he forgot about it. When he went to bed, there it was on his pillow. Then his wife told him the story.
When she came in the house, she immediately saw the surprise on the white rug, and proceeded to kill the cat. She chased it all over the place with a broom. She finally gave up when she couldn't pick up the couch it dove under. Then, resigned to cleaning up the mess, she got a huge wad of paper towels, and made an attempt to pick it up. When she looked down to see what was left, of course there was no trace. Only then did she examine the prize in the paper towels, and realize she'd been had.
Pete Keillor

Poor cat :)
Boss needed a new motor in his company car. We wanted to put a new or rebuilt engine in. He insisted he could get a good used motor from the junk yard. Few days later in came in with a "like new" engine from a junk yard. He bragged about how new it was and how he got a good deal on it. When we pulled his old one out we dumped about a gallon of old transmission oil down the exhaust pipe that was just sticking up in the engine bay. He came in when the engine was installed and took it for a test drive and when it got hot boy did that thing smoke.

good
months.
bought
mileage
you
In the early fifties, our neighbor Herbert was the king of practical jokes.
He was at his best on a deer hunt to the Texas Hill Country. It was cold and rainy and near midnight when we arrived. Daddy had fashioned an early pickup camper out of some wagon bows and a cotton duck tarp. Three of us were in the back and Herbert, Daddy and Ross in the cab. Herbert said he couldn't find the ranch we were to hunt on, which might have been true. He stopped at a small house where the porch light was on. He talked Ross in to getting out in the rain and knocking on the door to ask for directions. He is knocking on the door and getting soaked. Running out of patience, he returns to the truck. Herbert is laughing so hard, he can hardly point to the sign above the porch light of the little country Post Office.