OT: Favorite practical joke

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show Larry Jaques wrote back on Tue, 28 Dec 2004 05:34:28

-0800 in rec.crafts.metalworking :

lol. I have got to get a better keyboard. This one keeps dropping etters.

tschus pyotr

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

A couple of the guys I work with were helping the engineering department test out some early pre- production parts. The problem with new stuff is you never quite know what's going to happen. So as one of them was fearfully powering up a new circuit board, the other, hiding behind his test fixture, popped a whole bunch of bubble wrap...

--Glenn Lyford

Reply to
Glenn Lyford

A very old trick.

Somewhere in one of my desk drawers I have a little smoke generator for a model train layout. I've been meaning to wire it into someone's prototype for years....

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Unless, of course, you picking up food for someone who pissed you off. (:

Reply to
B.B.

;-) And not just fast food places. Or, if you do piss them off, make sure you *never* eat there again.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

But still they were just ahead of ________. (fill in your occupation)

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Not a good thing to piss off the cook or the barber.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

My Dad shipped out as a galley boy on a steam ship back in 1927 and got a promotion when the crew found out that everyday when the cooks assistant made coffee he just sprinkled some fresh grounds on top of the moldy ones already in the basket. That guy was lucky to make it off the ship in one piece also.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

IIRC a 100 ohm, two watt carbon resistor can be used to good effect. Wrap its exterior with rubber bands for that yummy flavor.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

A bit of nichrome wire with some organic stuff around it- eg. ground pepper- willl work well too.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Not as old as the paper bag trick, which still works better than bubble wrap. If you can still find a paper bag ;)

Reply to
Nick Hull

Several years ago, the field electrician (a somewhat nervous type) was installing an exterior outlet at the airport fire hall, back to back with an interior outlet. He pre-wired the receptacle and pushed the wires through the conduit to be connected inside. Meanwhile, one of the firemen was patiently waiting with a fully operational tobacco pipe. Very shortly after the wires came through, a full charge of smoke went the other direction. The poor electrician never lived down his need for assistance in the laundry department. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

Victim was "important" and showing off some equipment to someone even MORE important. When they got in front of the equipment, our techie took the lid off the dry ice container, releasing what looked like smoke, and the handclap sounded like an electrical "catastropic event"... Took some of the wind out of the guy's sails, and definitely cooled the guy being "impressed"... /mark

Larry Jaques wrote:

Reply to
Mark

There was the day one guy came in with a palm-held thing that sent a stream of sparks flying. I took it into the lab, pointed it at a PC board under test, and said "doesn't that look a little hot?"...

I retreated sheepishly when the iron filings (sparks were from lighter flint) shorted something on the board and popped a fuse...

Gerald Miller wrote:

Reply to
Mark

Another excellent point!

Condom with some mayo inside, in the MickyDs anyone?

Gunner

"Gunner, you are the same ridiculous liberal f--k you ever where." Scipio

Reply to
Gunner

Well, he didn't get sued for sexual harassment.

Yeah, he got the point and reformed so far as to yelling to move things "just a hair."

Reply to
Johan

Someone once suggested to me that if I was really pissed at my neighbor I ought to squeeze a little Ivory dish soap in a condom and toss it on the floor of their car. If Mrs. found it and confronted Mr. he would deny it and not be believed, and the same is true in reverse.

As I wasn't that pissed I opted not to, but that's one to keep in reserve.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

Two men are putting on their gym clothes. One noticed the other one was wearing women's underwear. "How long you been wearing women's underwear, Bob?"

"Since my wife found a pair in my car," replied the friend.

Reply to
SteveB

How about the one where you just put a peice of tape ove the holes in the earpeice. Then the victim thinks he has a bad connection & yells at the person calling becuase he can't hear them.

Reply to
Phil Stein

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show "SteveB" wrote back on Wed, 29 Dec 2004 15:42:27 -0800 in rec.crafts.metalworking :

The definition of a Real Charmer is the guy who can make his woman feel sorry for the poor girl who lost the bra she just found in his glove compartment.

tschus

Reply to
pyotr filipivich