OT: Favorite practical joke

We put 75 or so pounds of steel into a guys briefcase, and balanced it on the edge of a workbench with the handle towards the walkway.

Slowed him down a mite, when he got paged for a phone call, and tried to pick it up at a very fast walk.

Same case ended up in the rafters of our hangar (a long bleedin ways up) via several sections of string and some bungee cord. Took him a week to find it, and another week to round up the equipment capable of reaching it.

He found a better place to store his briefcase.

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
Trevor Jones

Well this worked for the older style desk phones with the craddle, tape the switch in the down position. Disable other phones in house or at a time when they are in the room with that phone (like say at night), when they answer the phone keeps ringing and the headset is dead. I believe I heard about this in connection with a bomb (book or movie) where there is a bomb in the earpiece... Ken

Reply to
Ken Vale

Not sure if this is true, but told to me by an old friend who was involved in the prank. The foreman in this particular workshop always sat on a bench to take his boots of at the end of the day, then left his boots in the place he took them off. Next morning he would step into his boots, tie the laces and then walk to the workshop. One night after he had left, one of the mechanics used a Hilti to nail his boots to the floor where he had left them. The next day, he stepped into them, tied them up and then tried to walk off but ended up in a heap on the floor. Martin.

Reply to
Martin Whybrow

Someone told me about a local situation in which a guy owed another money but was "reluctant" to pay the guy back. The owed party told the ower eventually that if he did not pay up by a certain time that it would cost him much more than the money. The ower resisted, so the owed paid a lady friend to wear a pair of panties for several days, then he slipped them into the glove compartment of the offending party's car, knowing that he and his wife rode out for ice cream each Sunday afternoon.The wife apparently found them while rummaging around for a napkin. Marriage broke up shortly after...

RJ

Reply to
Backlash

"Backlash" wrote

If he was a jerk about paying up, he was probably a jerk about other things. The prankster probably did the lady a favor by providing an excuse to get rid of the bum.

Reply to
Rex B

Millions of years ago on the Forrestal, I had asked an electricians mate to show me how to use his wiggins, as I was inserting the second probe into the outlet above the scuttlebutt, he quietly pushed the water button so an ice cold stream splashed onto my arm, practically needed new scivies.

John H.

Reply to
Mustmaker

Can we get that again, in English this time?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

I don't know what a scuttlebutt is but I have heard of the simple voltmeter commonly used by electricians as a wiggins.

Reply to
ATP

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 09:22:21 -0600, "Rex B" calmly ranted:

No kidding. I just hope the non-payer was told of the incident and that he got the hint that his debts could be much more costly than he ever imagined.

-- Save the Endangered ROAD NARROWS! -|-

Ban SUVs today! -|- Full Service Websites

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I've heard of a wiggie, have one. I'd have to guess the scuttlebutt is a drinking fountain, as in where you're likely to hear scuttlebutt.

Pete Keillor

Reply to
Peter T. Keillor III

The name I know them by is "Wigginton". Check Google.

George Willer

Reply to
George Willer

Traditionally, a cask of freshwater for the crew to drink from. I'd also assume some sort of drinking fountain on a modern ship.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

That would explain it...at "The Sail Loft" there were two main crowds, the Hobi Cat crowd and the ones that graduated to the Hunter crowd....At least in the N.IL "Chain-O-Lakes" area they all came from the same stock....

Reply to
TheMan

There's lots more nailing to this story than meets the eye.

(Come on, I wasn't the only one thinking it)

Reply to
TheMan

I almost choked when I got to this line and read "stool pusher's office."

Jim

Reply to
Jim Wilson

when I was in the service we went thru periods of practical jokes - it was common to arrive in the morning and find someones earmuffs (we worked on a flightline) frozen into a 5kg block of ice. I've also seen some of that 2 part expanding foam poured into the bottom of a locker (result - large foam block containing a pair of boots that then had to be cut free). The best of these however was removing the pins from the locker door hinges - when the owner next opened their locker the door came off in their hand (you can imagine the rest...)

Biggest involved the Base commanding officer - he was a pompous pr*** who used to turn up for his flights wearing a silk scarf...

anyways - he had sharksteeth painted on one of our (his??) aircraft and it looked bloody awful (and frankly, it was embarassing). One night shift, one of the techs painted them out which caused a HUGE stink the next day - a wasted effort as they were just painted back... Recognising the opportunity, the next night the tech moved the afflicted aircraft to the hangar, then painted over the numbers on another aircraft with the numbers from the 'hidden' aircraft and parked it in the same place... next morning the senior noncoms and engineering officers were having a fit until they worked it out...

Reply to
Simon