OT--for anyone looking for Maytag parts

I hate the new Maytags, but I'm the proud owner of a '70s-vintage Maytag gas dryer. Very well made, been running forever with no service. Last week one of the gas solenoid coils found. They're available as a kit with all the coils and related parts. What I found:

Local Maytag shop: $70 Phone order parts supply: $50 Various online suppliers: $40-50

And finally I ran across an outfit called Pride Laundery Systems out in California. $29.87 shipped 2-day UPS. They're a commercial laundry setup/supply place. Just an FYI.

GTO(John)

Reply to
GTO69RA4

I am NOT the proud owner of a maytag neptune front load washer i figured for $1100 I won't have any problems, they have come out 4 times and replaced the washer twice.Now its out of warnty and one of the resisters blew controling the door latch .$250 for parts .I unhooked the door latch and as long as the door stays closed everthing is ok.I wish they made them like the old ones.

Reply to
TLKALLAM8

||I am NOT the proud owner of a maytag neptune front load washer i figured for ||$1100 I won't have any problems, they have come out 4 times and replaced the ||washer twice.Now its out of warnty and one of the resisters blew controling the ||door latch .$250 for parts .I unhooked the door latch and as ||long as the door stays closed everthing ||is ok.I wish they made them like the old ones.

Check out the current thread on dfw.forsale on this and another problem with the Neptunes. Texas Parts Guy

Reply to
Rex B

I paid $39 at

a couple of months ago. I would save your note, but since it's a Maytag hopefully neither one of us will ever have to order again :-) :-).

-- Regards, Carl Ijames carl.ijames at verizon.net

Reply to
Carl Ijames