OT: Green Washing

Hey Ed. Have a look at this.

Your tax dollars at work.

Reply to
J. Carroll

reverse osmosis anyone?

Reply to
Stealth Pilot

It's kind of a neat site but it's still dark out there (9:15 AM EST); can't see a thing except a couple of light bulbs.

I was looking at the conductance values for the water at a couple of sites. Damn, you could get electrocuted in that water.

I think we'll keep what we have, thanks. I remember watching California turn brown in July. d8-)

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

I clicked on the map and got New Jersey. Noted they were talking about radioactivity and TCE in the ground water. Glad you are going to keep what you have.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

My sister lives on the southwest side of San Antonio a couple of miles from a big sewer water treatment plant. They had a special tour for the residents serviced by the plant. My sister was especially impressed with the tour when the guide dipped a cup into the water at the end of the processing and took a drink.

Reply to
alphonso

We do that too. In fact the best way to run an RO is to put it behind an ultrafilter. The ultrafilter ensures the RO only sees dissolved solids, which they can handle easily. We use ROs to recycle Glycol from aircraft deicing fluid. However RO is not an absolute barrier, some of the stuff you are removing always passes through. In the case of Glycol about 7% of what goes in comes out in the permeate. So we run it through two or more additional stages, each passing about 7% of what goes in.

Gary H. Lucas

Reply to
Gary H. Lucas