OT - How to Scare Off Coyotes?

Two come to mind. FidoShock and motion activated sprinklers.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

"ED" wrote

Actually, the best cross breed is a pit bull and a collie. It will rip your arm off, but then it will go for help.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

This is the corollary to "don't try to compensate for somebody else's stupidity. It just encourages more of the same."

Ie. don't work too hard to fix somebody else's dumb design or stupid mistake.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

Frankly I'd rather have the coyotes than the darn neighbor cats and dogs around craping in the yard. ...lew...

Reply to
Lew Hartswick

Reply to
RoyJ

Pieces of sponge dipped in bacon grease ought to fix them up

Reply to
Mike

On Thu, 11 May 2006 22:16:51 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Lew Hartswick quickly quoth:

Laurie, have your neighbors contact wildlife protectors in your area and have them trapped (yes, and the coyotes, too) and relocated 100+ miles away. Cha CHING!

Wait until the coyotes take out the pets, _then_ shoot them. I wish some coyotes would take out a certain barker across the highway from me. The idiot owners allow it to bark for hours at a time all hours of the day and night without quieting it.

There are times I'd like to stake the owner to the yard for a day with the barker a foot away from his ear. He might glean a new perspective, I reckon.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

A medium sized pack of coyotes will make short work of a pit bull, or rottweiler type dog.

I've seen a single coyote come out and actually lure a dog to come after him only to have the rest of the pack laying in wait back in the brush. I know of a rottie getting mugged and killed a few years ago by a pack using this ploy.

My inlaws go out with the coyote houndsman who runs these grey hound crosses. They cruise ranch country with the dogs in the truck bed. When they jump up a coyote they sic the hounds on em. These dogs have the heart of a lion... the pelts pay for some of the dogs food and gas...the ranchers also give them hunting rights for other game in turn. Sweet.

ED

Reply to
ED

Sounds as exciting as wild pigs in Texas.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

I have seen coyote scat. Looks like they could pass a beer can. Please explain how this sponge thing works.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Mothballs in a perforated tin can . Or Paradichlorobenzine(sp?) Anyway they do not like the smell . Personally I am for shooting them but I realize not everyone has a 220 Swift :-) . Luck Ken Cutt

Reply to
Ken Cutt

Larry you think along the same lines as I do.....

Regards

============================================== Put some color in your cheeks...garden naked! "The original frugal ponder.."Since my statements are given freely, take em or leave em, I am entitled to my opinion none the less. My opinion and $1 is still only worth $1..... ~~~~ } ~~~~~~ } ~~~~~~~ }

Reply to
~Roy

I would forego the sponge and bacon grease thing ands go with a chunk of cork, ground up or crushed up to crumble sized pieces. ONe or two miller or budweiser beer bottles, busted up into pieces about 1/8 x

1/2 or just some small shards about like a pea or so.1/2 pound of hamburger meat.

Place hamburger meat >>

============================================== Put some color in your cheeks...garden naked! "The original frugal ponder.."Since my statements are given freely, take em or leave em, I am entitled to my opinion none the less. My opinion and $1 is still only worth $1..... ~~~~ } ~~~~~~ } ~~~~~~~ }

Reply to
~Roy

============================================== Put some color in your cheeks...garden naked! "The original frugal ponder.."Since my statements are given freely, take em or leave em, I am entitled to my opinion none the less. My opinion and $1 is still only worth $1..... ~~~~ } ~~~~~~ } ~~~~~~~ }

Reply to
~Roy

Roy,

I am curious so I would ask you a question. How big is your dick?

Thank you.

Reply to
jusme

============================================== Put some color in your cheeks...garden naked! "The original frugal ponder.."Since my statements are given freely, take em or leave em, I am entitled to my opinion none the less. My opinion and $1 is still only worth $1..... ~~~~ } ~~~~~~ } ~~~~~~~ }

Reply to
~Roy

Roy,

It was a serious question. I would really like to know how big your dick is.

I am not trying to provoke you or insult you so, there really is no need to try to insult me either.

Thank you.

Reply to
jusme

As it should be!

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

You may be right but I have heard the sound of an individual brain cell as it dies . Sounds just like a human scream . It was the brain cell of a lab rat . Not sure if that matters . About the only thing I shoot with a 22LR is Grouse . I was given an old Cooey single shot when I was a boy and have used it for grouse ever since . I used to shoot a lot of gophers when I was young but there are none near where I now live sadly . In open fields it is a lot easier with the Swift for coyotes . Ken Cutt

Reply to
Ken Cutt

I used to do a lot of wrought iron work. People would have me make fences and fence extensions and gates and all manner of stuff to "keep their cats in the yard."

You need a really high wall, or a roofed enclosure to confine a cat.

I'd build it for them, and know it wouldn't work.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B