Loud horn to scare squirrels

I've had it! I've put up all kinds of physical obstacles to prevent squirrels from getting to the bird feeder outside my study window, but the gymnastic squirrels keep outsmarting me and mastering the obstacles.

I'd like to be able to push a button on my study desk when I see a squirrel climbing up to the feeder, and have an ear-splitting horn next to the feeder blast him.

I've googled (actually froogled) horns, but don't know what I'm seeing. I would be grately deepful if you could recommend a relatively inexpensive setup.

Thanks Tim Carr

Reply to
Timbo

From:Timbo I've had it! I've put up all kinds of physical obstacles to prevent squirrels from getting to the bird feeder outside my study window, but the gymnastic squirrels keep outsmarting me and mastering the obstacles. I'd like to be able to push a button on my study desk when I see a squirrel climbing up to the feeder, and have an ear-splitting horn next to the feeder blast him. I've googled (actually froogled) horns, but don't know what I'm seeing. I would be grately deepful if you could recommend a relatively inexpensive setup. Thanks Tim Carr

Hahaha, Excuse Me, I am cracking up here. teeheeheehee, This is quite the cartoon going on here };-)

Why that rascally varmint !

What if you're dealing with a high tech varmint in a tree hole somewhere reading these post on a mini interface, preparing to over come our conclusions., Well, they are very agile so physical obstacles will most likely be defeated, a Loud Horn will upset your neighbors and family components., some ultrasonic pest control might be in order of you can find on that could really annoy the squirrel population in your vicinity.

There has got to be a solution already delineated some where for this, I just don't know what to recommend right this moment };-)

Roy Q.T. Urban Technician [I don't make em, I just fix em]

Reply to
Roy Q.T.

Yeap ! Your best bet is the Gizmo that Roger suggested from Information Unltd. (the animal/pest control model) =AEoy

Reply to
Roy Q.T.

From:(Blueyonder)

Personally, my view is anyone that feeds wild birds that, in return, shit on their washing deserves to be plagued by squirrels. How often do squirrels ever shit on anyones washing ?. CG...

Timbo wrote: I've had it !

Reply to
Roy Q.T.

Gettin' kinda laid back about things, huh, Mike?

Reply to
Fred Abse

Much much MUCH simpler solution.

Put cayenne or some other really hot pepper powder into the bird feed! The hotter the better. I use powdered habanero peppers in my bird feeder. Keeps out the sqirrels and racoons, no harm to the birds. Birds and reptailes do not have the receptor for capsaicum, the 'hot' chemical. All mammals do. The first time the squirrel tastes it, he will burn his mouth and not come back!

Works for moles and gophers too. I spread chili powder (cheaper than habanero flakes) all over my lawn one year when I had terrible moles, and they left! It seeps down into the soil and gets in their eyes and mouth membranes.

Don't beleve me? Try it, it's cheap!

Reply to
Bob

Hey Folks just got back from helping my cousin add a few circuits in his new home in NJ.....

The Hot Stuff Powder sounds like a great idea., I ran this by my cousin (Staff Sgt. Vietnam Vet, Home Owner, etc.) and he told me they took care of one feeders problem attaching a large umbrella to the pole just under the feeder, he said they've seen no squirrel negotiate up past it.. of course this is on an open area mount with no overhead tree branches.

Roy Q.T. Urban Technician [I don't make em, I just fix em]

Reply to
Roy Q.T.

PLONK!

Reply to