OT-- I speak 'shop' to auto salvage yards

(...)

Sounds delicious!

A local restaurant serves salmon with dill sauce. It is very good indeed.

Not possible. A bagel, some cream cheese and *lots* of capers. Yummers!

/W.C. Fields voice A painful experience, I can assure you. /W.C. Fields voice

Sounds reasonable and extremely tasty.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

It was. She just didn't appreciate it.

A popular old recipe. I agree, it's good.

Usually I just brush the salmon with olive oil, dust it good with dill, pour 1/2 cut of white wine into the baking dish, and bake at 375 for around 25 minutes. That's for fillets of farm-raised Atlantic salmon we get at Costco. They have great salmon.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

I will try that. Thanks!

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Larry Jaques on Wed, 22 Feb 2012

06:04:45 -0800 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Betty Jo Farber - a name I hadn't heard since college. And I'd never gone to college.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

"Jim Wilkins" on Wed, 22 Feb 2012 08:52:36

IOW "No comment".

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Officer In Charge? Of what? Organisation of Islamic Cooperation? Options Industry Council?

-- Every day I remind myself that my inner and outer life are based on the labors of other men, living and dead, and that I must exert myself in order to give in the same measure as I have received and am still receiving. -- Albert Einstein

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I made baked Steelhead with herbs du province today. There was enough for both lunch and dinner. Basmati rice and steamed broc, bok choy, and cauli finished it off.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

With Birds Eye frozen capers :-?

-- Cheers,

John B.

Reply to
John B.

There was something fishy about the butler, I think he was a Pisces, probably working for scale.

David

Reply to
David R. Birch

ugh....

Paesano brand. d8-)

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Organization of Independent Countries

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

(...)

I've gone 'simple' with tilapia fillets prepared with salt, pepper and butter. 350 for about 8 minutes in the oven. Leetle potatoes on the side.

Yes!

I'm sure she speaks highly of you as well. :)

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

(...)

working for scale.

LOL!

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Dill's too strong for my tastes. I found Herbs du Provence and use the mixture sparingly on fish, with pepper and a dusting of garlic. The rosemary was too spiky (I kept thinking they were fish bones) so I put the herbs in the mortar and pestle first. This rebruising enhances the flavor.

HDP contains savory, fennel, basil, thyme, rosemary, marjoram, and lavender flowers. My jug of blend is from Marshall's Creek Spices in NY. A little bit goes a long way.

-- Every day I remind myself that my inner and outer life are based on the labors of other men, living and dead, and that I must exert myself in order to give in the same measure as I have received and am still receiving. -- Albert Einstein

Reply to
Larry Jaques

And this relates to the price of tea in China, how?

-- Every day I remind myself that my inner and outer life are based on the labors of other men, living and dead, and that I must exert myself in order to give in the same measure as I have received and am still receiving. -- Albert Einstein

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Sounds delish, but where are your veggies? They cleanse your palate in between bites to make the fish taste better. Plus, Mom says to.

I wish. Well, before she got up to my weight... See the movie "Adventures in Babysitting" for reference.

-- Every day I remind myself that my inner and outer life are based on the labors of other men, living and dead, and that I must exert myself in order to give in the same measure as I have received and am still receiving. -- Albert Einstein

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I was pulling your chain.

J. Robert Oppenheimer reportedly used the phrase "Oh, I see" so much that his colleagues kidded him about his continuous reference to the 'OIC' or 'Organization of Independent Countries'. I use the phrase to mean, "Oh, I see."

--Winston, with glowing remarks

Reply to
Winston

You both are severely undernourished then. :)

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Then why didn't you say so? By cracky, that shoulda beed "O,IC" for clarity.

Wull, if it was good enough for Oppy...

-- Good ideas alter the power balance in relationships, that is why good ideas are always initially resisted. Good ideas come with a heavy burden. Which is why so few people have them. So few people can handle it. -- Hugh Macleod

Reply to
Larry Jaques

No, the movie was the _Before_ pic. And she WASN'T undernourished.