OT: idiot-proof?

Well, not entirely OT, there's a *big* steel beam. But just when ya think it's fixed, they go and invent bigger idiots:

Jim

jim rozen

Old engineering axiom: "You can make things foolproof, but you can't make 'em damn-fool proof......"

Reply to
Uncle_Phil

Reply to
Roy Jenson

On Sat, 6 Sep 2003 03:49:05 -0600, "Uncle_Phil" pixelated:

Ah, soccer moms are such a joy to watch in action.

------------------------------ Gator: The other white meat! ------------------------------

Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I would have had the barrier bolted to the bridge , looks like a big drop off. Looks like it skidded onto the bridge from the gravel marks on the road way. I don't see any black marks on the concrete. Who ever was driving should have let off the brakes and steered onto the bridge , no matter if there was a truck on it or not.

Reply to
Sunworshiper

No, not idiot proof but rather idiot attractant.

-- Bob May Losing weight is easy! If you ever want to lose weight, eat and drink less. Works evevery time it is tried!

Reply to
Bob May

Murphy's 14th Law:

It's impossible to make anything foolproof, because fools are so ingenious.

Reply to
Mike Henry

More like skateboard Mom trying to "grind" the rail.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Ficken

It looks like a Chevy Suburban to me...

Reply to
Carl D. Smith

So for all you damn tall cars with those stupid fog lights that shine *right* into other car's rear-view mirrors, this one was for you.

Jim

Look closer, Jim. I've been studying those obnoxious lights for quite a while. Conclusion...the brightness of the lights is inversely proportional to the size of the car. Other factors are involved too...the size of the hair on the driver and the brightness of the paint color. Some of these bimbos feel safer when they can see better than all the other drivers who are blinded.

George Willer

Reply to
George Willer

Fog lights should be banned here in Tucson. We don't get fog here.

proportional

Reply to
mrbonaparte

Don't get me wrong - I'm not at all objecting to lightst that are properly aimed, no matter *how* bright they are. The problem happens when the taller cars have their low beams aimed such that they, or the fog lights, shine right in other folks windows.

To illustrate, when confronted with one of those behemoths driving towards me at night, with their low beams and fog lights on, I will switch over to my brights because that invariably makes them do likewise.

And once they do, the fog lights or driving lights go *out* and their brights are by far less dazzling then the combination of low beams and driving/fog lights.

Jim

jim rozen

Besides, the brights are bothering the aviation fraternity. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

The way I read the picture, erosion unseen on the far side of the barrier allowed it to tranlate and rotate away from the end of the rail. It's not plumb.

I can imagine Mom hopping out of the Suburban and standing horrified while Jenny, in the passenger seat of the now imbalanced SUV, takes a ride to the water below. Ouch.

Either way, somebody's diaper gets changed.

Yours,

Doug Goncz (at aol dot com) Replikon Research

Replikon Research researches replikons, which are self-reproducing configurations of non-living matter in environments that support replication, analogous to organisms living in ecologies.

Reply to
Doug Goncz