OT: Irish Ghost Story (humour)

Found in the email:

-------------------------------------------------------- This happened a while ago in Belfast. John Bradford, a 20 yr old Queen's University student, was on the side of the road hitchhiking on a very dark night and in the midst of a storm. No cars were traveling that night. The storm was so strong, he could hardly see a few feet ahead of him. Suddenly, he saw a car slowly coming towards him and stop. John, desperate for shelter and without thinking about it, got into the car and closed the door...only to realize there was nobody behind the wheel and the engine wasn't on!! The car started moving slowly. John looked at the road ahead and saw a curve approaching. Scared, he started to pray, begging for his life. Then, just before the car hit the curve, a hand appeared through the window and turned the wheel. John, paralyzed with terror, watched as the hand repeatedly came through the window, but never touched or harmed him. Shortly thereafter, John saw the lights of a pub appear down the road. So, gathering strength, he jumped out of the car and ran to the pub. Wet and out of breath, he rushed inside and started telling everybody about the horrible experience he had just had. A silence enveloped the pub when everybody realized he was crying and...wasn't drunk. Suddenly the door opened and two other people walked in from the stormy night. They, like John, were also soaked and out of breath. Looking around, and seeing John Bradford sobbing at the bar, one said to the other, 'Look, Paddy. There's that freaking idiot that got in the car while we were pushing it.'

------------------------------------------------------ Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

3 things.

"John Bradford, a 20 yr old Queen's University student,"

1) If he was that daft he would have been at the University of Ulster, not Queens.

"No cars were traveling that night."

2) Belfast's a major city with street lights and everything, there are always cars travelling.

"There's that freaking idiot"

3) They wouldn't have said 'Freaking' (it's an Americanism).

:-)

A better Irish joke.....

Paddy and Mick were walking home pissed from the pub and decided to steal a bus to get home quicker.

Mick stood guard while Paddy went into the depot.

After a _long_ time Mick shouts in "Jesus Paddy, what the hell are you playing at?".

Paddy replies "I'm trying to find the 38, it goes past the end of the road".

Mick answers "Don't be a fecking idiot, just take the 35, we can walk the last half mile".

Nial.

Reply to
Nial Stewart

An adaptation of a different one:

A guy walks into a pub and says, "Hey, who wants to hear an Irish joke?" Some big burly guys walk up and say, "Hey, me and Paddy and Mick want to hear the joke."

The guy says, "Nah, never mind. I don't want to have to explain it three times."

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

bus to get home quicker.

half mile".

Must have been Polish (NOT Irish).

Reply to
Robert Baer

? Eh

Nial (from Belfast)

Reply to
Nial Stewart

I don't get it.

Nial.

Reply to
Nial Stewart

Typical Polish joke.. Two Polish carpenters were nailing up the side of a house, and one of them was throwing away about half of the nails. The other asked why, and was told "the heads are on the wrong end". So he said "you dummy, those are for the other side!".

Reply to
Robert Baer

Electronic Engineers (Poli9sh) Joke:

A plane full of poles was approaching the Heathrow airport when the pilot announced that the Houses of Parliament could be seen out of the right hand windows.

Of course the plane became unstable and crashed when they all rushed over to look because there were two many poles on the right hand side of the plane.

Cheers

Ian

Reply to
Ian Bell

I think that may have originally been "... too many poles on the right half plane."

Reply to
Don Foreman

AAArghhhhhhhhh!

Reply to
Robert Baer

announced that the

look because there

That's really quite cleverly "niche".

:-)

Nial.

Reply to
Nial Stewart

I don't get it.

Nial.

Reply to
Nial Stewart

announced that the

look because there

And it's quite old too. I think I was first told that joke at university in the early 70s.

Cheers

Ian

Reply to
Ian Bell

A small two-seater Cessna 152 plane crashed into a cemetery early this afternoon in central Poland. Polish search and rescue workers have recovered 300 bodies so far and expect that number to climb as digging continues into the evening.

Reply to
JW

It is saying that the Irish are too stupid to get the joke, so he would have to explain it to each of them until they did.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

LAMO... Now we have to explain the joke that Nial pulled on Micheal...

Reply to
Cross-Slide

Who is Micheal?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

A small two-seater Cessna 152 plane crashed into a cemetery early this afternoon in central Poland. Polish search and rescue workers have recovered 300 bodies so far and expect that number to climb as digging continues into the evening.

I remember that as a Newfie joke in the 60s.

Steve R.

Reply to
Steve

I remember the "too many poles in the right half-plane" joke from the early '60s (my father died in '65), though I was too young to fully understand it.

Reply to
krw

...interesting...climbing diggers! Or is that digging climbers?

Reply to
Robert Baer