OT: Is this drug use?

Thought I'd ask you guys, because you seem to be about the best informed newsgroup I've run across.

Being too old to be in the know about the drug culture these days (I'm

53), I have a question about these cigarettes I found while doing litter pickup in my neighborhood. I found a couple of dozen cigarettes scattered through the drainage ditches in one area that were almost entirely whole; just the tip was burned, like one puff was taken. I wonder if these cigs were used to smoke some kind of drug, like crack or meth. Makes sense where I live, in a semi-rural area near the city. There are always lots and lots of booze containers in the ditches, as well as used condoms (one thing leads to another, I guess), but these partly-smoked cigs are new.

Any ideas?

Reply to
bsa441

On Sun, 9 Mar 2008 20:16:59 -0700 (PDT), with neither quill nor qualm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com quickly quoth:

Back in the day, acquaintances would put coke, crack, or LSD on the tip of their cig for a quick rush. I never could understand their thirst for it. I was happy as a plain old drunk, and I do NOT miss any of those folks at all. They scared me even then.

-- The best and safest thing is to keep a balance in your life, acknowledge the great powers around us and in us. If you can do that, and live that way, you are really a wise man. -- Euripides

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Smoke a few and let us know Daveb

Reply to
Anonymous

Pretty weird. A lot of street people would snatch up such a prize as an almost whole cigarette. I'm 60, and partied in my day, but I can't help.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Huh?

Reply to
SteveB

What you may have are called "Snow Caps" ( I'm not a druggie, I was a cop for 11 years) People who use- tag the tip with crack, meth, coke, whatever the poison of choice is. You may indeed be on to something. I would ask that if this is in a residential area, yours or not. Contact the police and advise them of what you have found and suspect and let them do some work on it. If it were my neighborhood I would without reservation. It could save a lot of problems and possibly a life. They would (or should) take this seriously esp. if near any school area as that changes it all to a class X felony and a good bust. Not to capitialize on it but if it did turn out to be a positive activity Crimestoppers pays for such help and input from citizens and you remain totally anonymous.

Respects,

Rob Fraser

Reply to
Rob Fraser