OT: July 1

Happy Birthday Canada! Today our country is 140 years old!

Steve R.

Reply to
Steve R.

On Sun, 1 Jul 2007 18:05:19 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, "Steve R." quickly quoth:

Happy Canada Day to our Canuckistani brethren!

-- Every day above ground is a Good Day(tm). -----------

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Happy Birthday Hosers, eh!!!!

Gunner A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. Lazarus Long

Reply to
Gunner

And your Christmas lights have been up ever since!

(See you in a few weeks, warn the Pike, chill the beer and promise me a sky full of Aurora.)

Reply to
Tom Gardner

I'm responding a day after so happy afterbirth!

Wes

Reply to
Wes

--My birthday too it turns out! Have finally figured out my lot in life; only took 61 years. Long story; will blog it somewhere if I ever get my busted computer working again.

Reply to
steamer

:-D

Reply to
JohnM

As a matter of fact, my Christmas lights are still up! Might as well leave them there now.

Steve R.

Reply to
Steve R.

Then I'll respond a day EARLY!

Happy Birthday, America!!!

Richard

it's one nation under God, or you can all bite my skinny ass!

Reply to
cavelamb himself

================ To hear "O Canada" click on

Best year I ever had working in private industry was a year in Toronto, when my employer was working with Ontario Robotics Commission to implement robotic assembly of one of our products.

Canada -- a very civilized country...

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

I was told that nobody has their OWN lights on their house, it seem that the neighbors come in the middle of the night and string up lights to attract the bugs away from their own house.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

So civilized of you folks. Independance w/o bloodshed.

Where does the Constitution Act fit in?

In case you think from my tone I am being irreverant, I am not. It is an honest question.

Thanks,

Wes

Reply to
Wes

Not sure what you are asking??? Canada day was formerly known as Dominion Day (For Dominion of Canada). We were a self governing "Dominion" closely tied to the UK. In 1948, all British subjects permanently residing in Canada became Canadian citizens. Later, the British North America Act, was replaced with the current constitution.

Steve R.

Reply to
Steve R.