Ot - Not Political - Economic Meltdown

It's swede. Can be eaten raw, boiled, mashed, roasted. It's the vital ingredient that gives pasties their taste in Devon.

Not to be confused with kohlrabi. Which is another delightful vegetable.

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Not in the US. I understand they call them swedes in the UK, right? What we call a swede is a sweet potato.

I'm so glad that the cuisine in the UK has improved markedly since I was a student there. I lost five pounds in two weeks, and I would eat anything in those days. d8-)

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 12:47:54 -0700, the infamous Bruce L. Bergman scrawled the following:

is where I got my script. YMMV, Bruce.

-- Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness. -- George Sand

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Not even a little bit..

Reply to
Gunner

Aye! If Bre'r Owl and Bre'r fox don't get 'em, I shurzhell will if they munch Milady's garden.

The squirrels don't bother me so I don't bother them, but rabbits beware.

Reply to
Don Foreman

You be blowin up bunny butts? ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Understood. It might be a nice bit of dialog from a movie, but if you follow it to the letter for real it could get you killed. Thought I'd better point out the dangerous discrepancy.

All the Crime Scene Investigation TV shows cover the high points of how it's done, but the devil's in the details. And the convictions.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Also called swede in the antipodean parts of the world that Andrew calls home :-)

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 08:57:28 -0700, the infamous Bruce L. Bergman scrawled the following:

Especially since various kaBoom devices have various timers built in.

Not only of the perps but by the police, right? ;)

-- "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Returning them to nature with an air rifle. They eat garden, rifle goes pop, they nourish garden and the cycle is complete. I'm merely a facilitator, right?

Reply to
Don Foreman

I'm not complaining, I was just doing the color commentary, like they do for other sports. ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Not using the bunnys to pre-process vegetables so that you can eat plants without getting all vegetarian? :-)

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand