OT-Pinging Gunner

Use as you wish...Tried to e-mail this to you but your mailbox wasn't
accepting stuff...

I usually try and keep my politics off newsgroup posts, but this one
made my heart ache...
Jeff
Reply to
Jeff Wisnia
How about this, gunner??
Jim
Thanks. Very appropriate.
Dont know why my mailbox is not responding..I get a couple hundred spams a day and its not filled up.
try these in the future
gunner at lightspeed.net gunnerasch at hotmail.com gunnerasch at myway.com "In my humble opinion, the petty carping levied against Bush by the Democrats proves again, it is better to have your eye plucked out by an eagle than to be nibbled to death by ducks." - Norman Liebmann
Reply to
Gunner
The ban will expire Sept. 13 unless extended by Congress, and House Majority Leader Tom DeLay, R-Texas, has indicated that he's unlikely to bring it to a vote. President George W. Bush has endorsed an extension of the ban, but he is not actively pushing Congress to take action.

However, even after the AWB expires, it will give no relief to those of us in Kalifornia, as the even more draconian Kalifornia ban is state law and will not expire.
Gunner, who wants an STG-58 really bad
"In my humble opinion, the petty carping levied against Bush by the Democrats proves again, it is better to have your eye plucked out by an eagle than to be nibbled to death by ducks." - Norman Liebmann
Reply to
Gunner
||The ban will expire Sept. 13 unless extended by Congress, and House ||Majority Leader Tom DeLay, R-Texas, has indicated that he's unlikely ||to bring it to a vote. President George W. Bush has endorsed an ||extension of the ban, but he is not actively pushing Congress to take ||action.
Bush knows he can win both ways here. He says "If it gets through Congress, I'll sign it" knowing full well it stands a snowball's chance in hell of passing. It's a useless, ill-conceived law that addresses no problem and should have been ruled unconstitutional. Texas Parts Guy
Reply to
Rex B
Indeed. Even that paragon of gun control activism VPC says that its done zip good and could care less if it sunsets. There never was a problem in the first place and even they in a round about fashion, admit it. Typical feel good activism that did squat.
Gunner