OT: Shop break-ins

You could just tie the burglar alarm to a fire supression system. If the blast of several CO2 extinguishers doesn't scare them off the higher CO2 level (and lower O2 level) will prevent them from doing much damage.

Reply to
Nick Hull

the problem with those booby traps is thay can get the unexpected ,firemen, police and the new employ. Just post a sign no money here come to the house we give

Reply to
HaroldA102

||You could just tie the burglar alarm to a fire supression system. If ||the blast of several CO2 extinguishers doesn't scare them off the higher ||CO2 level (and lower O2 level) will prevent them from doing much damage.

Flood the shop with halon? That would take care of all types of vermin. Texas Parts Guy

Reply to
Rex B

How bout an alarm system with radio backup, connected to a good central station. When tripped, they call your cell and the police,, very simple, cheap, and effective. Get rid of ADT and get a local reputable firm.

Reply to
Tony

How about something that plays John Kerry speeches?

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Inhumane treatment Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

Yabbut ........ the people breaking in wouldn't come back, and once the word got out on the street, no one else would try to break in. I guess you would have to be careful so they didn't play during work hours. Don't want anyone falling asleep at the press .......

Just tryin' to help ...........

Steve ;-)

Reply to
SteveB

I remember a story about an urban convinience store that had a tough problem with juveniles hanging around in the parking lot. Every obvoius solution had been tried. They all failed. They finally had classical music piped into the parking lot. Problem solved.

Pete

Reply to
Pete Logghe

I thought it was Sinatra.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

Couldn't be. Then the parking lot would be filled with old farts like me, snapping their fingers and tapping their toes - and not moving on.

-- Jeff

Reply to
A.Gent

That would be the equivalent of posting a sign reading" "Owner is not armed" Texas Parts Guy

Reply to
Rex B