OT - Stupid Bandsaw Tricks

For those of you with access to a bandsaw and a Barbie doll (and too much spare time?):

R, Tom Q

Reply to
Tom Quackenbush

Now why didn't I think of that? I had 3 daughters and lots of dolls laying around. I'm sure they wouldn't have missed one. Or would they? Ah too late anyway.

Lane

Lane

Reply to
Lane

Is the next project, "The Barbie-que" going to be anything like Dave Barry's "Barbecueing with liquid oxygen"? It might provide an interesting twist. One "Barbie-que" the traditional way, and one "Barbie-que" with liquid oxygen.

You're welcome for the suggestion.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Fascinating links also.

Gunner

"To be civilized is to restrain the ability to commit mayhem. To be incapable of committing mayhem is not the mark of the civilized, merely the domesticated." - Trefor Thomas

Reply to
Gunner

I just happen to have a Barbie that I saved from the wife and kid's contribution to last weeks dump run. How about planer Barbie torture? I wonder what my 5 yr. old would say? I could even set the speed real slow. Now I really need a digital camera. My kid has about 15 Barbies, I could even have an audience with mascara running down each of their faces and red circles around their mouths going OH NOoo like Mr. Bill. Its funny, but I don't want to ingrain the family sense of humor. Or the story to the therapist , my dad made me watch.

I figured I could get it to some little girl that doesn't have one. There's nothing wrong with it. I just have this feeling I'll get in trouble trying to give it away in this new world. There are a bunch of kids across the street today , is it ok to give a kid a naked Barbie? I'd talk to the parents , but they don't speak english ! Lets see ?Tu querro una Barbie.

Reply to
Sunworshiper

He is a regular on misc.fitness.weights

Reply to
ATP

One of the dad's spoke fluent english and gave her a full pardon.

Reply to
Sunworshiper

My favorite trick was someone who took a Star Trek Barbie and melted & distorted it (in a microwave?) to create (are you ready for this?)

"Transporter Accident Barbie!"

Doug White

Reply to
Doug White

I remember reading a bit about "Barbecuing with liquid oxygen" quite a while back. Is that post still available somewhere? I'd like to add it to my file of similar situations. :-) ...lew...

Reply to
Lewis Hartswick

Some of the older Barbies are worth some serious money.

Hummm planer Barbie..reminds me of the James Bond flick where he was strapped to a table with a laser running towards his gonads.

Gunner

"To be civilized is to restrain the ability to commit mayhem. To be incapable of committing mayhem is not the mark of the civilized, merely the domesticated." - Trefor Thomas

Reply to
Gunner

That was George Gobel's website at Perdue. George used to post here, but I haven't seen anything from him in a while. I am distressed to find that Perdue ordered his web site removed. There are a couple of pictures (minus the humor) here:

Kevin Gallimore

Reply to
axolotl

I agree. I would have said odd, or maybe eclectic, but that's just a quibble.

I _do_ like the MacGyver chocolate chip cookie recipe, but $580 for the "Pizza Repair School" is just _way_ too rich for my blood.

R, Tom Q.

Reply to
Tom Quackenbush