OT sudden back pain

I want to say thanks to everyone. The pain is 90% gone. It was definitely a muscle spasm. I will work on my abs. I can do pullups, actually, but I am not paying much attention to "core strength". That needs to change. Good points on calcium deficiency, indeed, I need to eat more dairy as I am not lactose intolerant. This sort of thing happens about twice before.

Ignoramus22287

" * " has been heard from again . The use of a punctuation mark for a handle begs the question: Why? Does it indidcate a footmark, perhaps, denoting an embarrasingly low IQ? Oh!, I know. Spam avoidance.

Bob Swinney

Reply to
Robert Swinney

" * " has been heard from again . The use of a punctuation mark for a handle begs the question: Why? Does it indidcate a footmark, perhaps, denoting an embarrasingly low IQ? Oh!, I know. Spam avoidance.

Bob Swinney

Reply to
Robert Swinney

And knowing Gunner, if the guy tried to pull something exceptionally stupid like that he would have suddenly come down with an acute case of Lead Poisoning. Double-tap, right between the eyes even if he's shooting lefty and from a bad angle.

Geez, Gun - How many times have we discussed keeping all bodily parts well clear and out from under heavy things in motion?

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Mebbe dats why Gunner don't appear to have any employees... he shot'em all?? :) Which is OK, since he's a cat lover. :) :)

Yeah, that f>

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

"Ignoramus21303" wrote in message news:zd64g.3590$ snipped-for-privacy@fe53.usenetserver.com... | Something strange happened yesterday. I was riding a bicycle, along | with my son also riding his tricycle. He finally got tired and asked | me to carry his bike home, which I did by riding my own bike with his | tricycle in my right hand. | | So far so good. | | Then, as I arrived home, still sitting on my bicycle, I leaned to set | his tricycle on the ground. As I did that, I had sudden back pain and | it is not going away. I have hard times bending in a certain way and | walk with a funny gait. | | What could this be and should I be worried?

The comment about this being familiar to blue collar trades is spot on. I've had them on and off over the years. I've screwed my back up pretty bad, but never anything that a trip to the emergency room for some pills and stuff wouldn't solve. Guess I'm lucky. What I've learned is that you can rarely say that any one thing did it. I got a bad one recently crouching down to get something out of a kitchen cabinet one morning. Why? Who cares, won't solve anything. I have learned that the most important thing is not to stop moving around. Keep active. I did my back in one time and two days later I got laid off for unrelated reasons. Spent weeks royally messed up because I was laying around the house. Keeping the muscles moving and working will fix you up a lot faster than letting it rest and get worse. I learned that the hard way, and after a bad back event I'm good to go three or days later, rather than weeks later.

Reply to
carl mciver

(Catching up on old news...)

I have found the book "Treat Your Own Back", by Robin McKenzie, to be most useful. A quote from it:

"Many publications set out to tell you how to look after your own back, and you may well wonder why yet another one is now offered. The reason is that this is the first book to show you how to _put your back in_ if you are unfortunate enough to have _put it out_; and in addition, it shows you what steps you must take to prevent recurrence."

The companion pamphlet "Treat Your Own Neck" is also quite good. They can be had from:

(I have no connection with these people except as a satisfied customer.)

Reply to
Norman Yarvin