Re: Trumpeter F-105

I got my F-105 through Squadron's pre-order deal; $99.00 including postage. It arrived yesterday and, when I came home and saw the box sitting in the foyer, I did a double-take....the doggone box is as big as a medium-sized suitcase!

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat"

Reply to
Bill Woodier

Rivaling the coffee table impression from the Trumpeter A-10?? :^)

Rick

Reply to
pchound

Bill Woodier wrote: when I came home and saw the box sitting in the foyer,

I guess that means the wife saw it first and there is no chance to hide it?

Craig

Reply to
Craig

I was in my local hobby shop last week when the kit came in. The shop owner opened it for a friend of mine and his remark was: "Wow, nice 1/24th scale kit!" At first he thought it was joke when they told him it is 32nd scale. That kit is huge.

CB

Reply to
Jinxx1

No chance to hide it at all, Craig! Luckily she's pretty understanding about my model-building habit so it's not a big deal, as long as I don't seriously over-g the credit card. :~)

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat"

Reply to
Bill Woodier

Speaking of coffee table size, have you ever seen the Aero-Club 1/48 scale Avro Vulcan??

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

That's the ticket...we tell the wives that these just aren't meager kits, they also double as furniture!!

Rick

Reply to
pchound

Ask Raymond Burr - "Rear Window"

Reply to
Craig

Tsk, tried that with car parts - didn't work then either... :(

GregD (two tires with plywood on top does not a dining table make)

Reply to
GregD

Have you ever seen the Fly Models 1/33rd Sunderland or GPM 1/33rd B-29? Hobby Model B-1A in 1/33rd is also a monster. .../V

Reply to
Vess Irvine

Once upon a time you could get a 1/72 kit of the USS Enterprise - the CVN. Now THAT'S a coffee table...if not formal dining.

Reply to
Rufus

i have a nice little surprise for you.