What This World Needs Is a Korean War Vintage YAK-9

Time for my aperiodic wish. Is any manufacturer out there listening? Sigh!! Ed "We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." George Orwell

(Delete text after dot com for e-mail reply.)

Reply to
RobbelothE

Your plea has been answered: A Model Yak -9P catalog# 7266 includes an option for North Korean markings. Also Polish, USSR, Bulgarian and USAF captured. 1/72, and it looks pretty good in the box.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

ARGH! I keep hoping one shows up in 1/48.

Cookie Sewell AMPS

Reply to
AMPSOne

Arrrgghhhhh too!!!!!!

If only it were 1/48.... Well, it looks like the only game in town.....

Where get I get one?

Ed "We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." George Orwell

(Delete text after dot com for e-mail reply.)

Reply to
RobbelothE

Reply to
Mark Schynert

Along with hundreds of other subjects available only in 1/72. :-)

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

Sore subject: When ARDC finished it's test flying of the YAK-9 captured at Kimpo Airfield in 1950, it was turned over to the Air Force museum people. They scrapped it!

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

So what makes a Korean War Yak-9 identifiable? Besides the markings, I mean.

Reply to
Frank May

If you can wait, the YAK-9P 1/48 scale resin kit will be available within a few months, including SSSR,Yugoslavia and USAF decals, airbrushing masks. Check the :

site and there will be announced the kit, with pics, ordering details and price. RGDS, Nenad AEROPOXY resin kits

Reply to
Nenad Miklusev

wasn't the cockpit moved quite a bit farther rear on the P version as well?

Sean Neilan Peace leads to strength. Strength leads to war. War leads to weakness. Weakness leads to peace.

Imagine what we will learn when people are not afraid to ask whatever they wish?- JH

If sense is so common, why do so few people have it?

Reply to
IncubusNitemare

Does't appear to have been moved. Some of the shapes changed which may make it look that way.

Cookie Sewell AMPS

Reply to
AMPSOne

The Yak-9D, K and T-37 had the cockpit shifted aft for CG reasons; from the drawings, it looks like this is the case with the 9P too. It would make sense, because of the heavier engine installation and slightly longer nose.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

I think I looked at a late model D plans and made the conclusion from that.

Based on source (gotta love the Russians, they argue as much as Americans do!) the final variant was called either a T, U, or P depending on time and place.

Latest info I had was the ones in Korea were re-dubbed Ps (as noted for "perekhvatchik" or interceptor) to apparently make the DPRK think they were better! (Chinese got La-9/11 aircraft and MiG-9s, but realized the MiGs were no good against US aircraft and howled for 15s.)

Cookie Sewell AMPS

Reply to
AMPSOne