How the IPMS/USA will avoid Bankruptcy this year!

After taking a monetary bath at the hands of the Phoenix Nationals 2004 fiasco, the leadership decided to raise the due's. Lets see, over the past few year's the fee has gone up by $6.00, and roughly there are about 13,000 members, so this is an extra income of $102,000.00 a year to cover losses.

However as they are losing nearly 20% of membership a year,(20%loss rate per year since 1982) well its only a matter of time!

Each member costs IPMS/USA about $28.00 a year, so they are losing money per member and losimg members every year!

I guess sooner or later they will increase the prices again, and probably have to cut the Journal down to 4 times a year, just to keep afloat?

Oh well too bad!

ProMedeler#33393

Reply to
DDSD

After taking a monetary bath at the hands of the Phoenix Nationals 2004 fiasco, the leadership decided to raise the due's. Lets see, over the past few year's the fee has gone up by $6.00, and roughly there are about 13,000 members, so this is an extra income of $102,000.00 a year to cover losses.

However as they are losing nearly 20% of membership a year,(20%loss rate per year since 1982) well its only a matter of time!

Each member costs IPMS/USA about $28.00 a year, so they are losing money per member and losimg members every year!

I guess sooner or later they will increase the prices again, and probably have to cut the Journal down to 4 times a year, just to keep afloat?

Oh well too bad!

ProMedeler#33393

Reply to
DDSD

I advise everyone to read Dennis' post just to see that he's learned how to use spellcheck - Bravo Dennis!

Frank Kranick

Reply to
Francis X. Kranick, Jr.

Sorry; I've alreadt killfiled him

-- -- -- -- -- "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." George Orwell

My Home Page:

Bill Woodier

in article snipped-for-privacy@uofs.edu, Francis X. Kranick, Jr. at snipped-for-privacy@uofs.edu wrote on 11/2/04 9:34 AM:

Well Frank, the spellcheck was indeed an evolutionary step for him. It almost negates the misuse of possessives and his awful math! Could you see him doing your taxes?

Ironically his inability to command, or at least correctly spell, the English language resulted into what he believes to be his pinnacle of intellectual cleverness: the ProMedeller tag. So in his own way, ignorance does have it's rewards.

JD

Reply to
JDH

Hmm... Maybe not but being the first in his family to walk upright, well, that's quite the accomplishment as well!

Indeed. "Ignorance is bliss" is also a well-known adage. Dennis must be in one helluva blissful state right now... Dennis, before you come back with one of those witticisms about being violated anally with some implement (it seems to be a recurring theme with you - turds, K-Y, baseball bats, etc...), think for a second on why you're in the situation you've created. See you 'round - er, maybe not since you're persona non grata among even the most welcoming modeling crowds!

Frank Kranick

Reply to
Francis X. Kranick, Jr.

Nice of you to follow your mother's occupation - I bet she's real proud :-)

Jimi

Reply to
Jimi