Cave Putorem
Steven
Reply to
ikke
There is a first look here:
http://www.>Hi there!
Reply to
Kevin Seniuk
can someone clarify the section on the undercarriage? says its gonna be weak and that we should add a substantial pin to it. I assume its gonna need some strengthening or maybe a clear stand underneath it to make sure the undercarriage won't take any downward pressure....
Ideas?
Craig
Reply to
Craig
I'm totally confused as to what version to get. I really suck at getting all the bombs to look the same. Ideally I would like the version that would have the smallest payload (and the simplest to build)
fuel tanks and rockets would be just fine.....
that being the case, what version would most likely carry such a load, D or G?
thx for any guidance you can offer....
Craig
Reply to
Craig
Prolly the Wild Weasel 'G' - a centreline drop tank and pair of Shrikes should do it! :o)
And bear in mind you get more in the 'G' as you get everything that's in the 'D' plus a longer fuselage and second cockpit. Weapons supplied are the same...
Weapons include:
M177 Bombs, Mk 82 boms (both with, or without fuse extenders), ALQ 71 ECM pod, 720lb Napalm, AGM-12B Bullpup, AGM-78 and AGM-45A missiles plus drop tanks - wing and centreline.
514 parts for the 'D', 534 on the 'G'
HTH
Iain 32SIG

Iain Ogilvie
That means I can look forward to some of their offerings of WW II planes and hope they did the same there. I can hardly wait for a -4 Corsair.
Claus "Iain Ogilvie" skrev i en meddelelse news:3f412480$0$46013$ snipped-for-privacy@mercury.nildram.net...
Reply to
Claus Gustafsen
Hi Claus,
Let's hope so - I wan't that one as well :o)
Iain 32SIG

Iain Ogilvie
Sounds like a fine opening for one of the aftermarket vendors, Dave Klaus, are you listening??
Bill Shuey
Reply to
William H. Shuey
thx for the info. the G sounds like the way to go.
Craig
Reply to
Craig
Go for the Weasel then - a couple of ARMs and not much more.
...of course, then you get to do two cockpits...
Reply to
Rufus
I'll take two of the F4U-1A's...planning to convert one to a Birdcage...
Reply to
Rufus
Excellent news :o)
Nice, isn't it!
Regards,
Iain 32SIG

Iain Ogilvie
I think it s partly due to the attachment pin, but the F-105 landing gear is long, and in 1/48th scale, F-105 models have a tendency to "shimmy" if the shelf vibrates, so there is some concern that in 1/32 scale, it may not much to break the gear.
Ken
---------------- Ken Lilly snipped-for-privacy@technologist.NOSPAM.com *remove NOSPAM to reply* When diplomacy fails, send in the B-52's
Reply to
Ken
I got the D and will probably get the G. Wouldn't mind doing Jack Broughton's bird, but I think you have to remove the strike camera and the hydraulic fairing on the top of the fuslage. Does anyone know if that is correct? From what I got from the few pics of "Alice's Joy", these weren't there. Kutnya's is cool too. How bout doing one of the Diamondback Thuds(466TFS)? "My Karma" would be good with the wraparound Euro One paint. Gripe on the weapons. Standard could have been left out and something else(anything) could have been added. Good to have a spares box. Also, a damn pilot that is positionable would have been great. All in All.......GREAT KIT FOR A GREAT BIRD! Jeff

Reply to
jeff cotten
FWIW Aero-Club makes a set of cast metal L.G. for the Monogram/Revell 1/48 105.
Bill Shuey
Reply to
William H. Shuey
At least two decal manufacturers have announced forthcoming Decals for this a/c... I guess resulting models would be classed too obscene to be displayed at a public model show...
ISTR the 5' nude was painted on top of the nose, legs akimbo around the refuelling door, in an effort to improve the accuracy of the 'boomers' on the KC125s! :o)
Iain 32SIG

Iain Ogilvie
KC-135s even! ;o)
Iain
Reply to
Iain Ogilvie
Cutting Edge for one has sets coming (so to speak...) for two variations on "Pussy Galore" and a couple of others with similar nose art.
Reply to
Rufus
Yes, I think it would.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat"
Reply to
Bill Woodier
Anyone notice the twin launch rail adapter for the Shrike ARM? The other "famous" painting at the refueling door is "Cherry Girl". Hope the aftermarket decals have some good offerings. I saw Cutting Edge decals at Metoer Productions website. I think "Jinkin Josie" is one of them also. Anyone know anything about Broughton's 105 "Alice's Joy"? Thanks for the any help in advance. Jeff
Rufus wrote:
Reply to
jeff cotten