my latest model online

Hi group,
If you're interested, I uploaded an article and some pictures of my latest
model - a Revell 1/48 Northrop F-89J Scorpion - on

Cave putorem
Steven
Reply to
Steven
"roach ah#123" wrote in news:t5-dnRFe9tkot6LUnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:
No Humbrol silver. For all bare metal parts I used Alclad in different shades.
Cheers,
Steven
Reply to
Steven
Excellent job. I live in Iowa, and I remember seeing the real F-89's at a couple of airshows in the early 60's.
Don H.
Reply to
Don Harstad
Thanks Don. I'm to young myself to have seen them in service. Would have liked to see/hear one taking off and pass overhead though...
Cheers,
Steven
Reply to
Steven
Steven,
Last one I saw was at Cedar Rapids, IA, about 1960 or so. The F-89 took off right after the Thunderbirds demo team had performed. (F-100's) Lost an engine during a low pass over the field, limped out about five miles, and make a long, slow approach. Thunderbirds and their ground crews clapped when they landed. Apparently a one engine landing in an 89 was noteworthy.
Don H.
Reply to
Don Harstad
"Don Harstad" wrote in news:ghsn7f$mh$ snipped-for-privacy@news.netins.net:
Apparently a one engine
I can imagine that. Even with two engines the F-89 was underpowered ...
Reply to
Steven

Site Timeline