OT: SWAT team visits neighbor

Two years ago, one of the buildings in our little industrial park was sold to a "plumbing supply outfit". Its 3 story at about 15k' per floor. I never saw any activity there and we were all a bit suspicious, one of the guys said he thought they were growing pot in there and he could smell it on occasion, but they paid their share of the common bills. The SWAT team shows up this morning and finds 2,000 pot plants being guarded by...AN 8' ALLIGATOR!!! We got to take a tour of the hydroponics facility and got to see the gator. Cops said the value was over 2 million. No media was present so I wonder if it will hit the papers. Now I need a new neighbor to help pay the bills.

Years ago, I had the idea of converting my spare building into growing Morel Mushrooms but it seems they can't be domesticated. I thought about pot but even I have more smarts than that.

Reply to
Buerste

People go to such trouble to make money the dishonest way, that I wonder if they would make more money just operating a plumbing supply.

Reply to
Ignoramus24384

Talk about dishonest.... With fittings whose threads threads don't seal, no less.

Reply to
DrollTroll

On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 15:08:39 -0500, the infamous Ignoramus24384 scrawled the following:

Gold = Plumbing, electrical, sports, or medical supply.

-- "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Don't try it now, unless you want to see the SWAT team again.

Reply to
Stupendous Man

Does the SWAT team have a taste for Morels? I sure do!

Reply to
Buerste

I wished you guys would stop talking about them. As a kid we used to pick shopping bags full. Mom would batter and fry them a plate at a time...

$9 for 2 little tiny dried ones at the supermarket...

Reply to
Jim Stewart

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 22:37:39 -0400, the infamous "Buerste" scrawled the following:

Right you are, my little lesbiend fiend^H^H^H^Hriend.

My neighbor found some of the "gray matter shrooms" under one of his apple trees in his orchard a few years ago.

Methinks our resident applegrower is going to be RICH! (Thoughts, Karl?)

-- "The latest documents released this week showed that priests with drug, alcohol and sexual abuse problems continued in the ministry as recently as two years ago. That doesn't sound like a church, it sounds like Congress with holy water." -Jay Leno

Reply to
Larry Jaques