OT: The way it was in the South

For info, and fun, from misc.survivalism

Gunner

"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child - miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosphy of sniveling brats." -- P.J. O'Rourke

Reply to
Gunner

Great link. Ya know there are still people that live that way?

Funny, but I had to go check on my bacon grease cup. My ole lady keps throwin it out for no good reason. Seems like she threw it out again. Dammit!

Bing

Reply to
Bing

There are a great number of people whom live "off the grid" or in a very self sufficient fashion, and there are a number of newsgroups for that particular way of life. alt.rural, alt.homepower, misc.survivalism, etc.

Chuckle..I keep my bacon grease in one of the tiny Fry Daddy pots, with a lid.

Gunner

"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child - miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosphy of sniveling brats." -- P.J. O'Rourke

Reply to
Gunner

Right now I have my little bacon grease container ( if you must know, an earthenware container that once held Robertson's marmalade) plus two 16 ounce glass jars, the second one is only about half full, in the fridge. As soon as the second one is full, I will deliver the first to the person on top of the list of four who are waiting for my surplus bacon fat. I am never without at least a pound of bacon fat for cooking, and yes, my doctor has me on lipitor but that is her problem. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

Hmmm, white bread squeezed into a ball, deep fried in bacon grease then spread with a little butter and honey, oh, and a glass of milk :^). Learned this one in an Indiana restaurant when I was a kid, it was good.

John

Please note that my return address is wrong due to the amount of junk email I get. So please respond to this message through the newsgroup.

Reply to
John Flanagan

But does the honey and bread add to the tapping qualities?

Gunner

"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child - miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosphy of sniveling brats." -- P.J. O'Rourke

Reply to
Gunner

Oh, is that what you use it for :^)?