OT: They did it!!

Well I'll be, my Sox pulled it off, within my lifetime. I was born here and I've lived a ways outside Boston my whole life, so this is rather fun to say the least.

Metal content: uh, er, well, umm....brass balls!

GTO(John)

Reply to
GTO69RA4

Good on ya, John! The boss (Susan) just told me they're tearing Boston apart. Any truth to that?

Harold

Reply to
Harold & Susan Vordos

Pretty quiet here in the suburbs. TV seems to show a lot of public partying in the city, but not much in the way of car flipping or random violence like during the last two Superbowls.

GTO(John)

Reply to
GTO69RA4

Cool! It's nice to win, but for the life of me I can't figure out why it's a reason to be destructive.

Enjoy! I recall when the Salt Lake Golden Eagles won the trophy in the Western Hockey League.. Lots of fun for the dedicated fans, which we were.

Harold

Reply to
Harold & Susan Vordos

Metal content:

GOLD!

Reply to
SteveB

Probably one of the more amusing incidents was when, during the small-scale destruction after the Yankees series, a local TV station sent a reporter around to quiz the crazy mob. No one could answer who actually played on the team. Most of them were just looking for a reason to make trouble, not even fans.

GTO(John)

Reply to
GTO69RA4

small-scale

Doesn't surprise me, not a bit. I've always said they are nothing more than common thugs, likely just looking for an excuse to screw over society. Shrug.

Harold

Reply to
Harold & Susan Vordos

GTO69RA4 wrote in article ...

Ain't that something?

I knew that the Red Sox had recently been sold, but I never realized that one of the new owners was a participant here........

Reply to
Bob Paulin