OT: Tried using Ebay lately?

Anyone tried using Ebay lately? Sometime in the last week or two they added Google's "Sponsored Links" on the right side of the search results, basically squeezing the search results for things you are trying to buy into a narrow column in the center of the screen.

Takes all the fun out of looking for things to bid on. :(

Anyone come up with a solution for erradicating the infernal things?

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

I sometimes just use a command line script to search ebay, I just type

ebay-search.pl --distance 60532 25 'treadmill -(sears, proform, "pro form", "hi quality", wholesale)'

That gives me a list of all treadmills 25 miles or less from me.

Ignoramus11682

Jon

I don't see this problem. Are you linking to ebay through yahoo? Don't

Carl

Reply to
Carl

I see nothing different and I have two EBAY screens up all the time. One for my stuff and one for the State of Oregon surplus store.

My search results are the same as they have been for months.

Paul

Carl wrote:

Reply to
pdrahn

quality", wholesale)'

Sadly, I wasn't able to figure out how to get that working. I don't know perl. Wished I did.

Wes S

Reply to
clutch

Looks just like normal to me ..

GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Hmmm, okay, thanks Grant, and everyone. It seems it's only doing it with IE on this computer, and not with FF. Also, it's not happening on another computer with IE. Strange, ran AdAware and Spybot and it's still there.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

Happens to me also, and I use Firefox. Seems to happen with the moe generic searches. My very specific searches don't do this. The links must be related to what is being searched. Also, the page gets written anywhere from 5-10 seconds after the search completes.

John

Reply to
Hogleg

I'll bet you've got a Google Toolbar or some sort of Google Search assistant installed on there somewhere.

JohnF

Reply to
JohnF

Nope, never installed any of those things, never will.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

Yes, *exactly* that! It shows up after everything has loaded, when you're looking at the results, and jumbles everything around. Irks me off to no end.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 13:29:49 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, "Jon Danniken" quickly quoth:

Click the Help/About IE. Do both computers give you the same screen? I got a Starband-modified IE when I signed up with them. It performed a bit differently, too.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

aaah, why not press "stop" when everything is loaded and prevent it that way?

Reply to
William Noble

I have had that happen to me, also sometimes it won't let me page back from a search. Then I have to go to Ebay home page and start all over again.

Richard W.

Reply to
Richard W.